Lead, Production Finance
Full Time Job
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows,
Netflix is looking for a lead of Production Finance to be part of our Content team based in the Tokyo office, working on original live-action. The goals include partnering with the Business, Physical Production and Creative teams to evaluate potential partners, determine optimal structure of content deals, provide comprehensive market intelligence and to ensure the investment is supported by a clear creative vision and an executable production plan.
• Work closely and collaboratively with Netflix teams including Legal, Tax, Content Planning and Content Accounting
• Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the Netflix live-action team in order to guide the partnerships with third party local production service companies.
• Ensure accurate, timely and complete Budget, Cost Report and Breakage review, analysis and reporting
• Onboard third party production accounting teams to Netflix policies and procedures
• Process and track fundings for production services companies
• Aggregate production cost information into Netflix reporting applications along with providing explanations for material changes
• Ensure implementation of minimum best practices, financial controls and cash management
• Update production information in Netflix systems
• Help develop and test the next generation of production finance tools that enable better economies of scale
• Ad hoc projects as needed
• Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results.
• Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse multicultural team environment.
• Understanding and experience in the production industry in Japan.
• Extensive experience in the entertainment industry focusing on live-action production.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred.
• Fluent in Japanese. Business proficiency in English preferred.