Lead Gameplay Designer, Games Studio
This was removed by the employer on 3/7/2023 5:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Lead Gameplay Designer, Games Studio jobs in Remote-CA
Search all Lead Gameplay Designer, Games Studio postings
Full Time Job
About Our Team
We're building a team of developers, artists, and storytellers to craft rich, engaging, and cooperative action game experiences. Everyone at our studio, whether an industry vet or new voice impacts each game through collaborative feedback, mutual respect, and creative empowerment. As part of the Netflix team, we strive to hire the best, and value integrity, excellence, respect, and inclusion. We're looking for teammates to help establish a collaborative and empowering creative culture, and we'd love to hear from you.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced full-time Lead Combat Designer with experience in combat action choreography, gameplay balance, and designing core combat controls. The ideal candidate will have the outstanding ability to portray believable physical movement, martial arts action, and performance of 3D characters with robust gameplay camera behavior.This position will work with the Creative Director, Lead Animator, Designers, and Engineerings to bring high fidelity action gameplay to life in the Unreal Engine.
As a Lead Combat Designer you will...
• Design and implement core gameplay mechanics, including combat and camera functionality
• Breathe life into dynamic combat choreography and contribute to animation direction
• Collaborate with tech art and engineers in developing pipelines and integration methods
• Contribute to game system and narrative design for a holistic game experience
• Create design documentation and guides for the dev team to reference
• The ability to lead a team of designers
• Receptive to critique and feedback
• Able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively
• Self-starter willing to find solutions and ask questions when needed
• Attention to detail and a desire to make excellent action games
• Strong knowledge of combat balance and core gameplay
• Experience with animation-focused controls and 3rd-person action cameras
• Two or more shipped action RPG games
• Experience working in Unreal Engine
Would Love to See:
• Experience working with mocap and animation teams
• A passion for martial arts, melee combat, and cinematic action choreography
• Plays broadly across multiple games of varied genres
• Works effectively with both both offsite and onsite teams
• Enjoys learning new skills, mentoring others, and fostering positive relationships
• Experience establishing pipelines and data structures for innovative game mechanics
• Los Angeles Preferred (as the product needs demand)
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - $600,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.