LATAM Senior Finance Manager
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our Culture.
See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
We are seeking a LATAM Senior Finance Manager in Brazil, reporting to the Director of International Finance in Amsterdam. The Manager will team with the various finance & tax teams internationally to optimize the overall finance operations and processes in terms of accounting, compliance and reporting. In addition the Manager will be a business partner to the various team in our Alphaville office and will continue to build and manage the Finance Team. The ideal candidate has a strong cultural fit with Netflix values, can collaborate well across the organization and has a hands-on mentality.
• 10 years of relevant accounting and finance experience
• A combination of public accounting experience and in-house experience is preferred
• Master Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration
• Fluency in Portuguese and English, additional languages - especially Spanish - are a plus
• Experience in efficiently working in a multinational environment and working with service providers
• Experience in managing / building teams
• Strong knowledge of BR GAAP and US GAAP
• Strong experience with preparing statutory filing documentation for international entities and leading / managing (first) statutory audits
• Ability to team with cross-functional teams in legal, tax, accounting, content, etc.
• Possess analytics to design and set-up (new) standardised procedures and smart solutions on reporting requirements
• Provide strategic and pragmatic insights on various finance and accounting projects
• Advanced systems, automation and Excel experience
• Experience in the entertainment / tech industry is a plus
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
• You have the ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with finance strategies
• You have strong analytical capabilities, show strong judgment and have a high level of intellectual curiosity
• You have the ability to work proactively and independently and have great communication skills
• You are a self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects and process improvements under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• A great communicator that can build strong working relationships
• You are curious, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple time zones