LATAM Payroll Specialist
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix with continued, rapid expansion into original programming and growing around the world. As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture and long-term view to learn more.
As an LATAM Payroll Specialist, you will be a key member of a high-performing finance/global payroll team and will play an integral role in building out a world-class global payroll process. You will be based in Alphaville, Brazil but will work cross-functionally across many time zones, especially with the US Finance team, and will require a flexible worker for the role.
The right candidate for this position will be an individual who has a natural intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills, and the desire to drive improvements and continuously simplify processes. The candidate will flourish in a ''hands-on role''.
• Own the payroll process for all LATAM employees
• Manage relationships with local payroll providers
• Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, pension, statutory and supplemental benefits, etc
• Perform timely and accurate month-end close process for all LATAM entities including account reconciliations and accruals - in US and BR gaap;
• Collaborate cross-functionally on process improvements and efficiencies
• Lead the payroll implementation process for new countries as needed
• Work on timely and correct tax filings and ensure tax obligations in local countries are met and implemented
• Partner closely with our internal partners (HR / Employee Services) to provide our international employees with a first class onboarding and payroll experience
• Bachelor's degree in Finance / Tax / Accounting (or similar field) preferred
• 5 years of functional experience with Brazil payroll processing and accounting, additional international payroll a plus
• Intermediate/Advanced with Excel and Google products
• Strong communication skills, written/verbal, and ability to interact with employees at all levels, including upper management
• Fluent in English and Portuguese, working knowledge of and Spanish a plus