NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Seeking a smart, creative and resourceful technologist who will be responsible for exceptional back-end technology support for Netflix's Tech Ops team. This position will be based out of our Los Angeles office and will report into the Tech Ops Manager based in Los Angeles, USA. You will be an integral part of the Tech Ops team that supports our productions and their technology needs, managing the back-end help on all our IT offerings, systems and devices.
As an integral member of the Tech Ops Asset Deployment Services team, the IT Technician will own a multitude of IT operational tasks such as imaging PC and Mac laptops, managing production hardware inventory, remote hardware support, software requests, equipment procuring, managing vendor relationships, negotiating rental agreements, dispatching IT equipment requests, troubleshooting, etc. You will ensure requests are resolved with great customer satisfaction and provide the very best solutions for Tech Ops customer base.
Your Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 5 years of IT or Desktop Support/System Administration
• Experience working on a 1st Tier technical support team (within a studio production environment is a big plus)
• Strong fundamental knowledge in networking protocols and troubleshooting
• Familiarity with distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions
• Knowledge of IT best practices around data security
• Strong experience in identifying, assessing and securing technology vendors while managing and negotiating rates, SOWs and contracts
• Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO, including Google Apps for the Enterprise (Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites and Google Groups)
• In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform remote troubleshooting on Mac OS, Chrome OS, Windows, Linux, and various applications including Office and Adobe Acrobat
• Mobile device support including iOS and Android devices
• Experience with supporting users remotely (Gotoassist)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Driving and optimizing provisioning workflows to ensure a streamlined process for all hardware and software requests
Your Core Competencies
In addition to the resonance of our company values articulated within the Netflix Culture Memo, you demonstrate the following competencies in your work:
Innovative Mindset: You're able to generate creative or transformative solutions that result in improved performance, higher quality and/or increased value; you see ambiguity as a challenge, but also as an opportunity to stretch outside of your comfort zone.
Problem Solver: You're able to systematically identify and deconstruct issues, obstacles and opportunities and then fashion and implement effective solutions. You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action within a dynamic fast-paced context.
Value-focused: You ensure the work you are doing is continuously adding value to your customers and teammates as well as perceiving issues and opportunities that may detract from or increase that value. You measure the quality of your work based on your customer's satisfaction.
Self-driven: You fully own your work scope, clear blockers and manage priorities effectively without requiring excessive direction. You're a quick learner and you adapt your communication to the context of your audience and engagement.
Catalyst for growth: You continuously pursue and share knowledge, provide help to others and define clear and measurable goals to increase individual and team contribution. You exhibit an innate desire for continuous growth and improvement.