IT Technician, Animation
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are seeking a multi-talented client systems IT Technician with an inventive spirit who will help drive the end-user technology deployment experience for our Netflix Animation Hub. This position will be based out of our Los Angeles Animation Hub and will report into the Global Manager for Tech Ops Asset Deployment Services. You will be a specialized contributor to the Tech Ops team that provides stellar support to our animation productions. You will own the back-end provisioning of all our IT offerings, systems and devices for a creative user-base in a highly dynamic environment.
Your Core Responsibilities
As an integral member of the Netflix Animation Hub support team, the IT Technician will own the client systems deployment functions, which include a variety of core services:
• Creation, deployment and maintenance of custom operating system images for Mac (OSX) and PC (Windows) workstations uniquely tailored to support animation workloads
• Kitting and deployment of workstation systems, peripherals and software to end-users
• Administration of user accounts and software subscriptions/licenses
• Installation and configuration of creative software tools leveraged by animation teams to streamline workflows in the production of content
• Collaboration with other technology partners on troubleshooting and bug fixing of end-user hardware and software issues
• Key liaison accountable for shepherding collaboration between multiple technology partners to continuously innovate on end-user hardware and software standards that enhance productivity
• Documentation of technical knowledge for both administrator and end-user audiences to help standardize the management of technology while enabling successful adoption at the end-user level
• Management of production hardware and software inventory for the Netflix Animation Hub
• Driving and optimizing provisioning workflows to ensure a streamlined process for all hardware and software requests
Your Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 5 years of IT system administration or desktop support within an animation studio or production context
• Comprehension of current Production, Post and VFX workflows as well as familiarity with technology best practices for these workflows
• Experience deploying and supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO solutions, including G Suite for Enterprise, Adobe Creative Suite and Office365
• Experience deploying and supporting creative technology peripherals such as Wacom Cintiq tablets and color-calibrated monitors
• Experience deploying, configuring and supporting creative software tools used in animation projects: Shotgun, Adobe Creative Suite, Maya, Flix, etc.
• Experience with client systems provisioning and configuration platforms such as JAMF, Apple Business Manager, Microsoft SCCM, InTune or Absolute Software
• Mobile device provisioning and support including iOS and Android devices
• Strong fundamental knowledge in networking protocols (WAN/LAN/WLAN) and troubleshooting
• Applied knowledge of IT best practices around endpoint, data and network security
• Familiarity with distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions
Your Core Competencies
In addition to the resonance of our company values articulated within the Netflix Culture Memo, you demonstrate the following competencies in your work:
Innovative Mindset: You're able to generate creative or transformative solutions that result in improved performance, higher quality and/or increased value; you see ambiguity as a challenge, but also as an opportunity to stretch outside of your comfort zone.
Problem Solver: You're able to systematically identify and deconstruct issues, obstacles and opportunities and then fashion and implement effective solutions. You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action within a dynamic fast-paced context.
Value-focused: You ensure the work you are doing is continuously adding value to your customers and teammates as well as perceiving issues and opportunities that may detract from or increase that value. You measure the quality of your work based on your customer's satisfaction.
Self-driven: You fully own your work scope, clear blockers and manage priorities effectively without requiring excessive direction. You're a quick learner and you adapt your communication to the context of your audience and engagement.
Catalyst for growth: You continuously pursue and share knowledge, provide help to others and define clear and measurable goals to increase individual and team contribution. You exhibit an innate desire for continuous growth and improvement.