IP Acquisition Manager
Full Time Job
IP Acquisition Manager, Japan
The IP Acquisition Manager will be responsible for identifying and negotiating for content IPs of live action and anime from content holders, publishers and independent producers for digital streaming in all Netflix territories globally. They will report to the Director of Anime, Content Acquisition.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in and comfort with the acquisition process for both live action and anime. They also need to have critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to find great content and projects. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese is also important as they will be called upon to lead meetings and give presentations as well as negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners.
The Manager should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple projects, and working to find creative solutions with partners under tight time-frames. They are also a motivated, self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for finding great content from countries around the world.
• Source, evaluate, and negotiate for IP for high quality live action and anime content that will engage our viewers
• Track trends and analyze performance in various content categories globally, cultivate relationships and research in local markets in an effort to find new talent, shows and projects
• Develop a deep understanding of content markets through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment
• Represent the Content Acquisition's team across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, content marketing) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis
• Extensive background in sourcing and negotiating for live action and anime content
• Experience and ability to read scripts and screenplays, and give creative feedback to directors and writers to increase the value of the shows is a big plus
• Must have extensive knowledge of the live action and anime creative community, and have solid relationships with local publishers, top directors, writers, designers, and studios.
• Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
• Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
• Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
• Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Demonstrated love and understanding of video content in multiple international markets
• Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is a must
• Fluent in both English and Japanese language skills is a must
s & Work Experience:
• BA/BS required
• At least 10 years of work experience is required with at least 5 years of business development and/or production development in live action and/or anime
• Prior experience in live action and/or anime content development preferred
With 130 million streaming members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture focused on high performance and continuous improvement, the company is the world's biggest Internet television network, present in more than 190 countries.