Paid Intern - Studio Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2023 2:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - Studio Operations jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Paid Intern - Studio Operations postings
Full Time Paid Internship
Intern, Studio Operations (Summer 2023)
Who are we?
Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe.
Netflix Studio Operations is looking to host interns on three different teams during Summer 2023:
Music Creative Production, Series
Post Production, Series
Visual Effects Production, Series
As an intern, you'll assist in facilitating production needs and will participate in a program that provides training and development intended to give you the skill set necessary to become a strong candidate for future entry-level positions.
You do not need prior experience to apply; once you submit your application, you'll receive an email within 1-2 business days inviting you to complete your application by filling out an Airtable form, selecting one team you'd like to pursue, and then submitting a 300-word-maximum statement of intent: Write a statement about why you're interested in Music Creative Production, Post Production, or Visual Effects Production (choose only one). Why does content creation appeal to you personally and what do you hope to get out of this internship?
Here are brief summaries about each of these teams:
Music Creative Production
Music Creative Production (MCP) provides premiere music support to our productions and Netflix cross-functional partners by leveraging relationships and guiding the music creative, scoring, and budgeting process from development to launch. Our goal is to empower Netflix to entertain the world by deepening fan engagement and amplifying storytelling through music.
The Netflix Scripted Series Post Production team provides a white-glove experience in all aspects of Post starting with development through delivery of our series. During the process we collaborate with our internal cross-functional teams (Creative and Production Executives, etc.), our external partners (Content Creators, Producers, and Editors, etc.), as well as vendors across the Post Production ecosystem. Post is where it all comes together and because of this, we work to ensure our members experience the best version of every show, sparking joy around the world.
Visual Effects Production
Visual Effects Production's role is to visually enhance stories in order to bring joy to our viewers and enable the creation of entertainment anywhere for everyone. The Netflix Series VFX department works to support teams across our diverse slate of shows from prep to wrap and facilitates everything from breaking down scripts, budgeting VFX, sourcing VFX talent, reviewing VFX shots and so much more. Our goal is to facilitate the creation of the best possible VFX for our shows and give our content creators the tools they need to bring their stories to life.
We will be accepting applications for this internship until the end of the day Friday, February 10.
Who are you?
• Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student with authorization to work in the USA and an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
• Must have an interest in working in Music Creative Production, Post Production, or Visual Effects Production
• Must reside in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the internship (relocation and housing support will be provided, if applicable)
• Must have basic knowledge of computers and familiarity with software applications such as Google Suite (e.g. Gmail, Docs, Sheets) and Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel)
• Must be collaborative and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be self-motivated and able to take initiative to work independently
• Has attention to detail and practices good judgment
• Curious about learning new technology and workflows
• Has ability to maintain confidentiality and utmost discretion while being privy to sensitive information
• Valid driver's license and access to personal transportation are strongly suggested
• Note: Selected candidates must comply with federal, state, and local laws with respect to COVID-19 requirements and protocols (including, but not limited to rules regarding masking and vaccines), Netflix policies, and any of the industry return-to-work agreements that govern same
What might you do?
• Perform Music Creative Production, Post Production, or Visual Effects Assistant job duties within the department
• Assist and shadow the Music Creative Production, Post Production, or Visual Effects Management team in their day-to-day operations
• Learn Netflix tools and how to operate within the Netflix culture
• Train with Netflix Management to prepare for possible show assignments
• Learn the pre-production, production, and wrap/delivery process at Netflix as it pertains to your team
• Build relationships with cross-functional teams
• Attend lectures hosted by industry professionals
• Assist in departmental special events
• Complete office runs as needed
The Summer Internship
At Netflix, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture.
Internships are paid and are a minimum of 12 weeks, with a choice of a few fixed start dates in May or June to accommodate varying school calendars. Conditions permitting, our summer internships in 2023 for Studio Operations will be located in our Los Angeles, CA, office.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine internship top of market. We use on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific internship team, degree, and years of education to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for Netflix Internships in Studio Operations is typically $20/hour - $40/hour.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only hourly rate), which includes relocation and housing benefits and is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.