Instructional Designer, Grow Creative
Full Time Job
The focus of the Creative Talent Investment & Development team is to meet the headwinds of capacity, skills, and inclusion gaps that challenge our global content strategy by using world class training, education, and pipelining of a new generation of storytellers and crew that mirror the inclusiveness and diversity of our global audience.
To that end, as Netflix works to develop pipelines of ATL and BTL jobs from educational institutions and training programs to our productions, we're looking for someone to structure and implement scalable elearning solutions using curriculum mapping and technology-enabled learning platforms while working closely with our regional managers, cross functional partners, and workshop specialists. This individual will help ensure that all learning touchpoints are developed with vision, quality, and ease of use, and deliver impactful educational programs using innovative methods.
The successful candidate will have at least 5-7 years of instructional design experience in the entertainment industry, a strong curriculum development background, and a passion for helping others learn. Creativity, a thorough knowledge of instructor-led and blended learning content solutions, and a demonstrated understanding of adult learning theory are required. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration.
This role can be based in Amsterdam or in London.
• Deliver creative, impactful learning solutions based on business needs
• Develop evaluation strategies and Identify learning and performance objectives
• Collaborate with in-house subject matter experts to provide enhancements/revisions to existing materials
• Contribute to monitoring and evaluating the business impact of solutions and lessons learned
• Formulate design standards and templates while creating innovative solutions
• Suggest and socialize new workflows to facilitate learning
• Assist in the creation of training programs and training curricula -- including but not limited to documentation, video, web-based tutorials, etc
• Align with cross-functional teams to effectively contribute to curricula development
• 5-7 years of experience in instructional design in the entertainment industry including a background in instructional design methods, tools, and techniques
• Experience designing, developing, and delivering elearning solutions using multiple tools
• Deep knowledge of learning management systems
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, meeting deadlines and managing production schedules
• Stellar presentation, communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
• Sharp attention to detail
• Material design skills for creating aesthetically pleasing, easy to understand, learning resources
• Background working globally
• Will thrive in and add value to our Culture