Indirect Tax Analyst - Studios
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2020 1:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Indirect Tax Analyst - Studios jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Indirect Tax Analyst - Studios postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Indirect Tax Analyst - Studios? Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 150 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We are looking for a tax professional to assist our Tax team with Studios related sales and property tax responsibilities. This person will be a tax liaison with the Production Finance Team and will be in charge of building a workflow/system to handle our growing needs. This position will reside in the company's Hollywood based office and interact cross-functionally with the Production Finance, IT, and Tax teams.
Qualities We're Looking For:
• Multi-jurisdiction sales tax experience and Accounting smarts - we'd like you to have 2 years' experience with UCAN indirect tax, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows.
• Understanding of Canadian GST/QST/PST filings and the overall Input Tax Credit and Input Tax Refunds process ideal.
• Relationship builder: Ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
• Enthusiasm and quick learning - ability to evaluate and improve systems. We are looking for someone to learn the existing process, but then build/challenge it to better scale with the volume of our growth.
• Curiosity and passion - our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
• Industry experience in a studio environment a plus, but not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position and eager to learn quickly.
• Property tax knowledge a plus!
• ERP systems experience - experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus.
• Tax systems experience – experience with Vertex, Taxware, or OneSource systems is a plus.
• Responsible for ''kick-off'' calls with production accountants for Netflix Originals, representing the indirect tax team and effectively communicating our needs.
• Provide support in partnering with cross-functional teams (legal, production, treasury, accounting, etc.) and external production accountants in the areas of US sales, use, and property taxes and Canadian GST/HST/PST/QST.
• Research and resolve indirect tax issues related to various production-related activities.
• Assist with preparing technical documentation/guidance on film-production related exemptions and exclusions offered in various jurisdictions.
• Partner with the Production Finance team to obtain an understanding of the accounting used for the acquisition of show assets and services, as well as the eventual disposition of assets after a show is completed.
• Assisting with operational process improvements in Indirect Tax workflows as they relate to productions.
• Providing the Los Gatos Tax Team with necessary data to report sales, use and property tax for Originals.
• Managing business license and Secretary of State filings for all Originals.
• Work with IT teams to build links between Production Accounting systems, Vertex, and Workday to automate workflows for scale as Sales/Use Tax workflows grow.
• Assist with US and Canada indirect tax audits as they relate to Originals. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.