Head Of Talent Acquisition - Japan
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix in Japan
In August 2020, Netflix surpassed 5 million subscribers in Japan, less than 5 years after Netflix became available for Japanese consumers in September 2015. Japan is a strategic market in Netflix's continued international growth. Since launching in the market in September 2015, our content library has doubled. In addition to a wide selection of Western entertainment content, we have continued to invest in Japanese content consisting of original films, series, anime, reality shows, and documentaries.
In 2021, Netflix will double down on our Japanese investment in order to continue our curation of a compelling content library made up of original and licensed titles across live-action and anime categories. This aggressive content investment by Netflix is industry-leading across the Subscription-Video-on-Demand (SVOD) and VOD segment.
We continue to grow our Tokyo office as we expand our functions across content creation, marketing, and business development.
Talent Acquisition at Netflix
TA is a high priority at Netflix, and we operate in a unique recruiting environment in which hiring the best -- vs. ''making the hire'' -- is the constant guide. We immerse ourselves in the businesses of the teams which we partner with as a requirement for understanding what great talent looks like, and influencing towards the right hire.
The TA Leadership Opportunity in Japan
As the Head of TA based in Tokyo, you will own recruiting for Japan, and in doing so will have a direct and outsized impact on Netflix's success in Japan, but also on the broader APAC region, and on Netflix as a whole. In practice, this means setting the TA strategy for and driving the execution of, hiring the diverse set of world-class creative, content, and marketing talent needed to realize the massive market potential in Japan.
You will drive this impact by your ability to:
• Lead and coach a small, high-performing TA team, without traditional recruiting KPI's such as time-to-hire, hires-per-month, etc. Rather, by empowering them with context, space, support, and influence needed to ensure that we make amazing hires with the business
• Design and implement innovative TA structures that will allow for the best support to our dynamic and evolving business.
• Define and implement a practical, integrated set of hiring measures that ensure we build a diverse set of teams, leaders, voices, and experiences in Japan
• Serve as the interface between TA and the many teams and functions (20 over) which are present in Tokyo, including content, marketing, product, and corporate functions.
• Partner deeply with our HR team around hiring, but also to influence towards the right people outcomes with regards to inclusion, compensation, and organizational design
• Leading search on complex and senior roles
• Grow Netflix's hiring brand in Japan, and ensure we are seen as a great company at which to work; one which enables people to do the best work of their career
• Business thinker, first and foremost: an insatiably curious person, you also have the business-level curiosity and agility to get your head around Netflix's business, and the diverse set of functions that comprise it in Japan.
• Recruiter at heart: you are passionate about the TA function, and are completely willing and able to be hands-on --to source and recruit alongside the team-- as needed. You value direct sourcing recruitment and is able to showcase impact and influence with the business
• Influencer: you leverage your business acumen, relationship-building prowess, TA expertise, data, gravitas, and boldness to advise and influence the business to build stellar teams, to ensure a set of Netflix-savvy hiring managers in Japan, and to hold them accountable for building stellar teams; and the selflessness to constantly optimize for what is best for Netflix.
• Bridge-builder: A leader and teammate who actively works to bridge gaps across levels, functions, tenures, and cultures, in the context of a diverse team, office, and company.
• Communicator: you lean into trust with your team and partners, and are able to set the context they need while receiving and feeding back on the context you receive
• TA strategist: you can set functional and country-level recruiting strategies using the levers available to a TA leader, such as your TA team, employer brand-building, diversity and inclusion, systems and tools, recruiting events, and interview quality, among others
• Tenured local leader: with proven successes in the country, who is able to attract, hire and train an elite team of recruiters, and ensure the performance of a highly impactful TA team.
• Inclusive, empathetic people manager: has hired and performance-managed, and who enjoys building, managing, and leading TA teams.
• Strong Netflix leader: who can lead effectively and inclusively at Netflix -- someone able to inspire and empower a team of direct reports, absorb and set context exceedingly well, and encourage debate and candor, all as part of our culture of freedom and responsibility.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.