Head Of Public Policy
This was removed by the employer on 9/12/2022 1:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Head Of Public Policy jobs in Rome-LA
Search all Head Of Public Policy postings
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
Netflix is seeking a Head of Public Policy for Italy. This is a full-time position located in our Rome office. This position will work to ensure that the policy and regulatory environment remains conducive to the growth of our business. This will include educating and raising the awareness of stakeholders on the ways Netflix is contributing to the creative sector and the wider economy in the country, providing thought information on policy issues which may impact Netflix, advocating for our positions with policy and industry stakeholders, and collaborating with other local partners.
In This Role, You Will:
• Identify, monitor and analyze relevant policy trends, news, legislative proposals and developments of the government and industry stakeholders which may have an impact on Netflix. Gather and analyze intelligence on policy and regulatory developments in Italy;
• Help colleagues across Netflix understand the impact that potential changes to policies in Italy may have on our growth in Italy and on their respective functions, and work cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders, including Legal, Communications and Content, to strategically align on various policy objectives;
• Elaborate and execute strategies to successfully advance our policy positions (through translation of complex issues into simple messaging, drafting of policy papers, advocacy with policymakers and industry stakeholders, organization of campaigns/events etc.);
• Grow and manage relationships with a diverse set of public and private sector stakeholders, in order to educate them about Netflix and build support for our policy objectives and positions;
• Develop and implement initiatives to support the development of the local creative community, in partnership with other teams of Netflix;
• Develop and maintain relationships with public policy representatives across the technology, entertainment and media community, and serve as a representative of Netflix in relevant trade groups or other industry bodies.
To Be Considered for This Role, You Must Have:
• Proven experience in a policy-related role in either a government organization, legislative body, policy consulting firm, policy research institute, regional media service provider, strong local industry stakeholder (i.e. industry associations) or in-house government relations department;
• Strong industry knowledge and in-depth understanding and keen curiosity of the media and entertainment industries and services. Extensive previous work experience in this sector is a significant plus but is not a must;
• Attitude to strategizing and a rigorous method in the execution of agreed strategies,
• Demonstrated and thoughtful business judgment, strong research and analytical skills, ability to work well under pressure, team player and ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional colleagues simultaneously;
• An ability to cover a broad range of issues and work with a network of consultants, lawyers, and other partners;
• Track record of successfully executing cross-functional effective advocacy projects,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Italian and English, additional languages would be an advantage;
• Knowledge of Media- and Communication as well as Copyright legislation as well as other legislation related to creative industries are a significant plus, not a must;
• A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.