Head Of Business Operations - Games Operations
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is looking for an experienced Head of Business Operations to join the Netflix Game Studio to help deliver the next generation of video games for a worldwide audience. This role is a part of the Game Operations team, supporting the development teams at Netflix Game Studio. The role will lead the support structure for all of the game developers who support our service, working closely with the Development Operations team and the broader Netflix Product and Corporate Administration partners. The candidate will have a proven track record of building strong relationships and supporting a creative development team with deep understanding of the game development and publishing ecosystem. Come join us!
• Establish game development infrastructure in partnership with the Netflix Corp Tech team and the DevOps leaders of the Internal Studios
• Own and manage the integration process for acquired development studios in partnership with the Corp Dev integration team and cross functional leaders at Netflix
• Lead the business support efforts for our development teams, providing broad services such as license IP management, from understanding and negotiating business terms, to tactical process management of talent likeness and music/audio use for games
• Cultivate partnerships with game service providers, performing 'build vs. buy' analysis of service features for optimal game development and live service management on the Netflix service
• Lead the multi-year operational budget management efforts for the Game Studio, including the oversight of ongoing actuals vs. plan tracking for each business, partnering with the Netflix corporate FP&A team
• 10 years of experience in account/client management or operations in the game industry, working closely with game developers
• Familiarity and understanding of the game development process, preferably with live service game with multi-year live operations
• General management of a business with oversight or close partnership with critical functions including finance, HR, IT and operations
• Experience with P&L management for a business, and/or direct oversight of OPEX
• Excellent partner management skills, ability to quickly identify issues and challenges, engaging critical stakeholders for expedient resolution
• Continuously looking for ways to improve and iterate an existing framework, or building anew for best results
• Passion for video games, innovations in software and hardware and how they enrich the player experience
Location: SF Bay Area
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $240,000 - $1,000,000. This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.