Generalist, Production HR
This was removed by the employer on 1/28/2021 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Generalist, Production HR jobs in London-UK
Search all Generalist, Production HR postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Generalist, Production HR? Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments. It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, curiosity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our culture.
Netflix is looking for a motivated and proactive person to join the Production HR Team to help shape this function during an exciting period of growth. We want to create the best content around the globe for our members but we also think how we do that matters and that's where Production HR comes in. The Generalist, Production HR will support Netflix Original Productions in the UK as we look to bring the safest, most inclusive and respectful production experience to our writers, cast, crew, and post teams working on Netflix productions across the globe. Ensuring the execution of their vision is aligned with how we work at Netflix.
The North star for the Netflix production HR team is to change the way content is made around the globe and to ensure that differing perspectives are embraced, nurtured, and empowered to enable them to contribute to the creation of all our original content.
This is not a traditional HR role and is more about creative problem solving than it is about following HR processes and procedures. We work closely with production partners coaching and guiding as they make productions under the Netflix banner. It's a new and unique role within Netflix and the wider industry and with that comes challenge as well as reward.
As such the ideal candidate will be flexible, curious and tenacious with the ability to influence and have impact in a fast-growing and fast-paced environment. This role will suit someone who is excited by the opportunity to do something different, to seek out opportunities for change and development in the industry, to build a function from the ground up and to work with creative people in an exciting and ever-evolving environment. There is no manual so this role needs someone who is confident when dealing with ambiguity and can work based on sound judgement and initiative.
The Generalist, Production HR will be based in our London office but with travel to visit productions and other Netflix offices as required.
• Support the Production HR Manager with all people related issues throughout the lifecycle of a production, with particular focus on the onboarding process.
• Coordinate and deliver training sessions to production leadership, talent and crew members, including bespoke Netflix anti-harassment training
• Facilitate the creation and delivery of production communication plans
• Oversee the creation of production resources and materials, including presentation decks and posters
• Supporting with Production based Employee Relations cases, including assisting the Production HR manager with note taking, building case files, completing the case tracker and conducting investigations where appropriate.
• Reading scripts in order to identify any content that may require additional HR support.
• Lead on, and provide support to, various Production HR and Cross functional initiatives and projects.
• Be the main point of contact for any production HR system queries, for example production assistance programme and case management system.
• Act as the conduit to internal groups around cross-functional partners, syncing practices across teams to maximize efficiency
• Work with internal teams towards the advancement of technology in the production office, particularly relating to the collection and maintenance of employment data
• Embody the Netflix culture through behaviour and interactions and consistently seek to reinforce the production culture we're aiming for in all production interactions
• Invite and promote constructive and ongoing feedback
• Experience of working in either a busy HR department within the entertainment industry or experience of working in a film/tv production role with a demonstrable interest in HR
• An active passion for and involvement in Inclusion and Diversity work and initiatives
• Proactively organised with a drive to continually improve practices and ways of working
• A creative flair when it comes to creating presentations, documents and resources
• Tenacious and resilient with the ability to influence and inspire others into action
• Knowledge of production and the working conditions and experiences within a production environment (desired)
• Experience of dealing with employee relations issues
• The ability to communicate confidently, succinctly and logically both verbally and in writing
• A demonstrable ability to drive projects through to completion
• High levels of discretion and confidentiality and a mature approach This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.