Game Lead - Games Studio
Full Time Job
Next Games is a Netflix Game Studio, focusing on creating compelling players-first experiences from engaging IP crossovers to interesting game mechanics - An unwavering focus on our players and fun gameplay is at the core of the studio's game development, free from the constraints of free-to-play.
We're looking for a capable Game Lead for one of our innovative projects - As the Game Lead, you need to be strategic and creative, capable of creating the north star for the project and for the team to rally around! You not only understand games and game development, but have an entrepreneurial mindset and specifically for this project, a bit of a growth hacker mentality in terms of how to delve into specific markets!
You communicate well and lead from the front, and are capable of taking a step back to see the bigger picture. You will likely come with a product background and know how game development works, having shipped games or entertainment products before. You keep your eye on the ball, while having a clear understanding of all facets of the game and what makes them tick. Most of all, you want to understand your players and serve them what they want!
This is your chance to work with a very talented team, leave your mark and create games that only Netflix can make!
• Craft and own the vision for your game with your team - find the spark!
• Create a hyperlocal product strategy for a global game
• Take lead and ownership of the game and guide it from concept to release
• Work with talented game developers and guide them towards the vision
• Give clear goals, expectations, feedback and guidance for both the moment to moment fun to the long-term engagement in the game
• Understand and elevate the genre
• Collaborate with external partners, marketing and business operations
• Track record of shipping games
• Experience in working with game developers
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Great people skills and leadership skills
• Several years of experience in leading creative teams and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
• Humble team player
• Passion for games
• You follow the games market and have a view of its direction
We aim high here at Next Games and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you'll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do.
Our guiding light in growing our team is that we don't look for a culture fit - we look for what each person brings to our collective skillset, culture and values to make them richer. Will you be the person to make us better?