Game Artist, R&D Tech Lab
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/20/2023 1:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Game Artist, R&D Tech Lab jobs in Los Gatos-CA
Search all Game Artist, R&D Tech Lab postings
Full Time Job
The Game Studio Tech Lab team is a small, dynamic team focused on building experimental, creative games to validate and steer Netflix's emerging technology investments that will make Netflix an amazing destination for games of all kinds. These unique projects will be a mix of demonstrating and inspiring what's possible with these new technologies and services while working directly with partner teams to help ensure an excellent developer experience that enables developers to focus on the fun.
The R&D Artist will work on a small, senior-leaning team of multi-talented game developers. In addition to creating 2D and 3D art and animation. The ideal candidate is relatively technical and able to help realize different creative game visions by being an effective hands-on contributor to multiple game projects.
A successful candidate will be an excellent generalist Artist who can create a wide variety of assets, environments, and VFX. You will be able to work in a multitude of art styles in 3D and 2D with a good knowledge of game development pipelines and the knowledge of how assets impact runtime performance in relevant engines such as Unity and Unreal. In this role, you will need to emphasize being fast and flexible, rather than trying to hone and polish. Speed and output are more important in this role than the finished quality level.
We're looking for new teammates who care deeply about the experiences they create and the people they make them with. As a part of Netflix, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration. Now is an amazing time to join Netflix Game Studio as we seek to entertain our 200 million paid members in a really new way.
• Visual development: Own the visual style of multiple small prototype projects. Create exciting and visually rich styles that can help emphasize the core design.
• Prototyping: Prototyping with the Tech artists and Engineers to iterate and experiment with styles with an eye towards making efficient and striking assets, 3D scenes, 2D, animating elements, VFX and UI elements both in 3D and 2D.
• Art Direct and Manage Outsourcing: At times we will need to outsource asset development. You will manage these relationships from an Art ingestion perspective, giving feedback
• 5 years experience as a game artist shipping one or more AAA, casual or mobile games.
• Rapid prototyping experience, creating stub assets for use in-game while testing new ideas
• Work closely with Tech Artists, Engineers and Designers to realize the vision of the project
• Strong art skills with experience and an understanding of 3D and 2D scene and asset creation, VFX, modeling, shaders, optimization, texturing, and lighting for games.
• Ability to work in a multitude of artistic styles, sometimes at the same time
• Exceptional communication, cross-discipline collaboration skills
• Familiarity with multiple game engine technologies such as Unity and Unreal
• Passion for making video games, especially in a rapid, focused, smaller form vs multi-year investments
• A good understanding and working knowledge of different visual styles
• Tech art skills, including asset optimization and figuring out which shaders and materials you will need. History of collaborating with tech artists
• Illustration and artistic design skills.
• Understanding of VFX, timing, motion and how to make things look extra crispy
• Wide general visual knowledge of games, design, media and interest in artistic principles
• Familiarity with source management tools like Git or Perforce
• Experience building games for early or unfinished platforms
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - 250,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.