Financial Systems Analyst - Finance Technology
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Financial Systems Analyst (Planning) - Finance Technology
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment. We are the first truly global internet entertainment network and we want the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want.
The Netflix Finance Technology team is looking for an experienced, curious and innovative problem solver to work across our financial planning applications and support the FP&A, Finance, and Accounting teams to plan for and track to expense forecasts.
Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
About The Role
• Partner with broader FP&A teams to proactively identify new projects and enhancements to existing models to increase forecasting efficiency including both forecast and process automation.
• Partner with cross functions groups like finance, accounting, employee services, and talent to understand needs and suggest ways to utilize technology to increase process efficiency across all groups.
• Gain a deep understanding of business needs to contribute to prioritization of new projects/enhancements to meet existing and long-term goals of multiple business partners across finance and HR.
• Implement and project manage multiple cross-functional projects with competing and shifting priorities.
• Work with large sets of data to build data pipelines and analytics for executive and company wide reporting.
• Present projects plans and various training to all levels.
• Ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and effectively communicate technical concepts to functional business partners.
• Curious mind with a passion for puzzles and problem solving.
• Excellent judgement, attention to detail, and eagerness to work in a fast paced environment.
• Experience working with large sets of finance and/or HR data and familiarity with best practices for data cleanliness/integrity.
• 3-5 years experience in model building with any industry leading Cloud based SaaS EPM applications like Anaplan, Oracle Hyperion, Adaptive Insights, Cognos TM1 etc.
• Knowledge or experience of financial processes, especially Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Accounting, Workforce Planning, and Analytics,
• Expert skills of Excel and Google spreadsheet modeling, formulas, charts, etc.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, CIS or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with Tableau.
• Ability to understand and edit/enhance SQL queries.
• Experience with Workday, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, NetSuite or similar finance applications recommended.
• Marketing expense plan modeling is a plus.
• Entertainment industry experience is a plus.