Financial Analyst, Residuals
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 167 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst for Residuals to work in our Contingent Compensation Department. Residuals are guaranteed additional compensation paid to talent for the reuse of content beyond the use covered by their initial compensation. These types of payments are governed by Guilds and/or Unions.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be interpreting and analyzing legal and financial source documents to determine residual obligations in accordance with various guilds, unions and production service agreements. Additionally, you will calculate, prepare and process residuals in an effective, efficient and timely manner. Lastly, you will prepare and manage financial forecasting of residual obligations.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Forecast, set-up, pay and report residual liabilities.
• Liaise with Production Accountants to gather required information for residual payment setups.
• Analyze and interpret production and distribution contracts for residual liability.
• Work with third party payment processor(s) to provide relevant setup data, and ensure complete and accurate setup for payment purposes..
• Participate in the testing and implementation process of new systems related to process improvements, efficiency, and standardization.
• Assist in collecting documentation for guild audits.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
• BA/BS in accounting, finance, business administration or similar degree and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 years of related experience required, preferably in residuals.
• Entertainment industry experience preferred.
• Residuals document preparation, processing and reporting experience.
• Knowledge of residual guild agreements.
• Must be able to comprehend and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent Excel, Microsoft Office & Google web based program skills.
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive, organized and self-sufficient.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions and departments.
• New Media residuals experience is a plus.
• Passion for the Entertainment Industry.