Financial Analyst, Residuals - Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/17/2019 1:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Financial Analyst, Residuals - Series jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Financial Analyst, Residuals - Series postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Financial Analyst, Residuals - Series? Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 151 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to work in our Residuals Department. In this role, your key responsibilities will be interpreting and analyzing legal and financial source documents to determine residual obligations in accordance with various guilds, unions and production service agreements. Additionally, you will calculate, prepare and process residuals in an effective, efficient and timely manner. Lastly, you will estimate and assist in accruing residual obligations.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Forecast, set-up, pay and report residual liabilities.
• Liaise with Production Accountants to gather required information for residual payment setups.
• Transfer relevant setup data to the third party payment processor.
• Analyze and interpret production and distribution contracts for residual liability.
• Participate in the testing and implementation process of new systems related to process improvements, efficiency, and standardization.
• Collect vendor setup information for Contingent Compensation.
• BA/BS in accounting, finance, business administration or similar degree and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Entertainment industry experience required.
• 2 years of related experience required, preferably in residuals.
• Residuals document preparation, processing and reporting experience.
• Knowledge of residual guild agreements.
• Must be able to comprehend and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent Excel, Microsoft Office & Google web based program skills.
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions and departments.
• New Media residuals experience is a plus.
• Passion for the Entertainment Industry. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.