Finance Business Partner, Business Development - EMEA
Full Time Job
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment by bringing top-quality global content to virtually every country around the world. In building and scaling our business in EMEA, we have established a number of partnerships with mobile and cable networks and smart TV manufacturers that help us deliver our service worldwide in a consumer-friendly way, e.g. enabling access to Netflix on your favorite devices, or allowing payment through your mobile bill. These partnerships have been essential in accelerating Netflix's expansion, and as they grow, so does our team of finance experts who support them.
Our Finance team is seeking a Finance Business Partner to support our Business Development team in EMEA in scaling our partnerships in-region. This is a highly cross-functional role that will partner not only with Business Development, but also with legal, FP&A, Treasury, Partner Payments, and Tax teams in EMEA and the US.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Manage all aspects of finance operations associated with partner agreements including, but not limited to: vendor set up, payment flow explanation, invoicing, timely payment collection, reconciliation of data and dealing with any billing and payment issues in the region.
• Perform detailed reviews of partnership deals and collaborate with corporate accounting team to ensure proper treatment under both US GAAP and local GAAP (IFRS).
• Perform accounting-related functions surrounding payments, adjustments, and review.
• Work closely with Business Development, Legal, Finance, Tax, Treasury and Partner Payments teams across EMEA to understand partnership strategies and deal structures.
• Consult with and advise Business Development and Legal partners on negotiation strategy for finance-related terms in partnership deals.
• Drive operational process improvements.
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
• Self-motivated and dedicated; able to work and problem-solve independently.
• A great communicator who can cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with internal teams and external partners.
• Proactive and contributive; takes initiative and follows-through reliably.
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
• Intellectually curious and passionate; our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all.
• Comfortable with Ambiguity.
• Organized, detail oriented, and a speedy learner; our team members are excited about learning, focused on becoming an expert in the areas they support, and have the drive to succeed.
• A team-player; always open to offer innovative and constructive ideas to continue our team's success and efficiency.
• Flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple time zones.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 4 to 6 years Experience in Accounting/Finance
• Experience in tech or entertainment industry a plus
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems a plus
• Understanding of US GAAP / IFRS
• Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Fluency in English, a second EMEA language considered a plus
• Travel may be required