Finance Operations Business Partner - G&A
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 151 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking for a finance professional to assist our G&A team with end to end finance operations. This position will reside in the company's Los Angeles office and will report to the Manager, Finance Operations in Los Gatos. The ideal candidate for this role will help drive operational process improvements, have the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners across various G&A functions, FP&A, Accounting, and IT teams.
In this role you will partner with the following cross-functional partners:
• Business owners - Execute all finance related tasks (end to end procure to pay support, creating purchase orders, reviewing invoices, expense reporting) and be an embedded partner and active contributor across Facilities and other G&A teams.
• Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO coding for accurate financial reporting and timely processing of invoices.
• Accounting - Drive an accurate and timely month end close by owning the accrual process and communicating variance drivers clearly and concisely.
• FP&A - Establish a holistic and granular view of total cost while identifying opportunities to use data to improve business decisions.
• IT - Design and automate finance and payment workflows and partner on system enhancements that automate workflows at scale.
• Communicating with Facilities and other G&A teams to obtain an understanding of the services being procured from our vendors and the status/timeline of delivery of services.
• Working cross functionally with regional counterparts to help drive standardization across the areas that you support where there is a regional presence
• Setting-up purchase orders (PO's) in our accounting system (when applicable) to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
• Driving projects that help automate manual workflows.
• Managing vendor invoicing process: ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with Accounting to ensure accuracy of accrued services.
• Working with FP&A to track budget vs actuals and explaining variances to corporate accounting
Qualities we're looking for:
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as Finance, Economics, or Accounting
• Strong analytical experience with the ability to navigate large data sets in a business context
• Strong communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to lead cross-functional meetings
• Ability to take ownership of tasks while handling competing priorities
• Capability to work independently and be a self-starter in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Strong enthusiasm for implementing systems and processes
• Experience in ERP and cloud-based systems
• Ability to take occasional trips to the Los Gatos office in Northern California
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view
Extra dose of awesome if you have:
• Understanding of US GAAP and a CPA
• Experience working with G&A functions
• Experience working in Workday Financials and Tableau