Finance Operations Business Partner - EMEA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 183 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments. As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
We are looking for a finance professional to partner with our EMEA publicity, events, and awards teams on end to end finance operations. The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has a solid understanding of the P2P workflow, a deep knowledge of corporate operations and a passion for developing strong cross functional relationships. This will require stakeholder management, both internal and external (vendors) of up to 100 people and their finance queries. This position is based in Amsterdam.
This position will provide support to cross-functional business partners as follows:
• Business owners - Embedded resource that understands the nature of the business being supported and owns finance related tasks (end to end P2P support for setting up new vendors, reviewing contracts, approving POs, reviewing invoices, vendor management, expense reporting, etc.)
• Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing
• Accounting - Help facilitate a timely and accurate month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers
• FP&A - Ensure accurate coding to provide meaningful reporting, help track actuals to budget and communicate any expected variances
• IT - Work on automating systems by cooperating with our internal IT resources
• Tax Team - Assisting/Contacting the Tax team with tax related questions
• 3 years of relevant finance or accounting experience.
• Degree in Accounting/Business Studies (accounting qualification preferred)
• Relationship builder - Ability to proactively cultivate strong business partner relationships and communicate effectively with team members; adept at owning and leading cross functional meetings
• Self-motivated and dedicated - Able to work and problem-solve independently
• Proactive and adaptable - Capable of being a self-starter in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it; having a positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key
• Innovation - Enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems and workflows (learn the existing process and then build/challenge it to better scale for growth while providing meaningful reporting to our business partners)
• Organization - Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Systems Savvy - Advanced Google Sheets and/or Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets; comfortable with ERP systems and leveraging systems to drive efficiencies