Finance Manager - Korea
Full Time Job
With over 208 million paid memberships in 190 countries, Netflix is changing the way we tell and share stories across the globe. We are growing rapidly, creating TV series, films and documentaries in a diverse range of countries and languages around the world, including Korea.
Original Korean content is core to our ongoing global success, and to support this global expansion we are quickly growing our slate of Korean originals. These originals are produced in local language, using local production companies and talent. We believe that creating local original content will help us delight and win over local audiences while also building love for Netflix around the world.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our Culture.
Find out more about Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
We're looking for an experienced Finance Manager to be based in Seoul that will be responsible for the various finance obligations of Netflix's operations in Korea. The Manager will work with various teams internationally to optimize the overall finance operations and processes in terms of accounting, compliance and reporting. In addition the Manager will be a business partner to the various cross-functional teams in our Korea office.
Content accounting responsibilities:
Maintain cross-functional relationships with teams in our Seoul office, including the content finance/international finance, tax, legal and acquisition organizations. This will be across content verticals, as well as studio teams.
Assist the Los Angeles based accounting team members in ensuring the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization).
Oversee the accounting of content and content-related contracts for our licensed and owned titles coming out of our Korea Content teams.
Review documentation of content agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design and core accounting framework and management reporting.
The ideal candidate is a strong fit with the Netflix culture, can collaborate well across the organization and has a hands-on mentality.
We're looking for someone who is:
• A proactive and innovative self-starter, who is able to drive projects and problem-solve
• A great communicator that can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
• Able to quickly understand and integrate our business priorities with our finance objectives
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Curious and enthusiastic, that's not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Able to exercise great judgement and can provide strategic and pragmatic insights on various finance and accounting projects
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Flexible to collaborate with Netflix teams across multiple offices and timezones
Education and Experience
• 10 years of relevant accounting and finance experience
• A combination of public accounting experience and in-house experience is preferred
• Degree in Finance/Accounting and a Chartered Accountant
• Experience in efficiently working in a multinational environment and working with service providers
• Experience in managing / building teams
• Strong knowledge of Korean IFRS and US GAAP
• Demonstrated ability to innovate and optimise workflows and processes
• Strong experience with preparing statutory filing documentation for international entities and leading / managing statutory audits
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
• Systems and automation experience a plus
• Experience in the entertainment / tech industry is a plus