Executive Assistant, Marketing - U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to provide support for our VP of Marketing for the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and her team in the Los Angeles office. The role focuses on both coordination and administrative tasks. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is able to exercise good judgment and significant initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Heavy meeting scheduling and communication, both internally and externally, across different regions and time zones
• Maintaining calendar for executive including booking and confirming meetings
• Coordinating travel arrangements (domestic and international)
• Assisting with planning for conference attendance and/or speaking engagements to include, who to meet, & what events to attend, etc.
• Processing travel, expense reports, digital and physical filing, ordering of equipment, etc.
• Organizing and managing logistics from small to large company events - venue arrangement, guest invitation, event programming, gifts, etc.
• Managing various internal events/off-sites for the team
• Creating presentations and documents using PowerPoint and Google Apps in English
• Proactively searching for ways to improve processes and manage executive's time more effectively
• Willingness to help other members of the team/other admins as needed and maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• 8 years as an executive assistant supporting a Director or above within an organization of greater 300 employees
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps
• Experience in an entertainment or media environment is ideal, interest in entertainment is a must
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Pace and flexibility
Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can help plan and execute around long-term goals, but can also change course, be scrappy and get things done within short time-frames.
Consummate Team Player
You find the phrase ''that's not my job'' abhorrent and you think in terms of what is best for the group, before yourself.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.