Executive Assistant - Corporate Communications
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support a director and a VP on the Corporate Communications team in Los Gatos.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities. They will need to have a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast paced position that requires someone who is able to exercise good judgment and significant initiative.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to function autonomously and effectively as part of a loosely coupled, but highly-aligned team in a dynamic environment.
• Maintain calendars for executives including scheduling meetings both internally and externally
• Coordinate travel arrangements, both domestically and internationally
• Love planning team offsites through coordination with hotels and vendors for lodging, catering, flights, A/V, and transport
• Process expense reports
• Display professionalism and discretion in communication with internal and external partners
The successful candidate will likely have 4 years of experience as an EA in a fast paced work environment, handling a broad range of tasks. Well versed in schedule management, travel arrangements, event planning and management. Proficiency with Google suite (Mail, Calendar, Drive). BA/BS required.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
• Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
• Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
• An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Pace and flexibility
• Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can help plan and executive around long-term goals, but can also change course, be scrappy and get things done within short time-frames.