Events Manager, Nordics
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With over 220 million streaming members in over 190 countries, we've learnt that great stories are universal - they can be made anywhere and loved everywhere. We are looking for an Events Manager to lead our events efforts for the Nordics, based in Stockholm.
This role will play a key part in strategizing and executing external events as part of the publicity and marketing team and reports to the EMEA Events Director. They will also be a member of a broader events team which is a group of seasoned events professionals based in the local offices across EMEA.
At Netflix events are valued as an important tactic in our campaigns and the goal of the team is to drive conversation around Netflix titles, talent and the brand through curated events and experiences. The manager will work with the cross functional team that is helping to create, shape, execute and manage campaigns for our content, meaning that they will have to be in sync and show a curiosity about promotional efforts and contribute to building campaigns with new and innovative event ideas. As well as being strategy led, this is also a hands-on role and one that requires end to end project management - that will mean jumping in to lead cross functional project task force groups, managing agency pitches, ideating creative show flow, overseeing guest communications, formulating budgets, and much more.
In addition to event delivery this role will be responsible for the resource planning of The Nordics events slate, ensuring all projects are staffed effectively across the team, identifying resource gaps and hiring in additional temporary resources if deemed. The role will also be accountable for the Nordics events budget.
• Has a minimum of 10 years of experience in an end-to-end events management role, leading strategy through to execution at an entertainment studio, network or with a global brand.
• Has vast demonstrable experience of in-person and virtual event production and is curious to continually innovate in this space to take our events to the next level.
• Is a strategic thinker - someone who can garner a deep understanding of a campaign and determine if an event is, or is not, the right approach, set clear KPI's and challenge project ROI. They can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do and make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity.
• Is a simplifier and so highly organized that even Marie Kondo would be proud.
• Thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, comfortable in managing multiple projects concurrently.
• A good fit in this role is someone who has a candid and direct communication style, has a strong POV, and can expertly influence key stakeholders and foster deep relationships across the business even when saying no.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If the Culture Memo resonates, maybe you're the right person to join the Netflix team.