Engineer, Exhibition Technologies
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Engineer, Exhibition Technologies - Creative Technologies
As part of the Creative Technologies group, you will
• Be a part of the Exhibition Technologies Team (Screening Support and Engineering)
• Assist in the design of screening facilities (theatrical and ''home'') for all Netflix offices production spaces worldwide, creating world-class, reference exhibition spaces.
• Be a part of the maintenance program for these facilities.
• Create a simple, efficient and high-quality audience experience; watching something at Netflix should be as simple and familiar as watching something on Netflix.
• Engage internal and external parties (vendors, contractors) to implement the above.
• Outline and enforce the requirements and expectations for external exhibition experiences (PR, premieres, production/post).
• Create a network of vetted local vendors and specialists to support Netflix worldwide screening needs through evaluation and engagement. -
• Support the integration of playback and production platforms into Netflix facilities for special screenings.
• Evaluate new exhibition technology for production and exhibition.
• Support high-profile screenings at the studio and exceptional external screenings in the field.
• Support screening and review solutions for Netflix productions.
• 10 years of experience in motion picture exhibition, interacting with creatives and operators, managing maintenance and upgrades
• Understanding of all forms of professional display formats, technology, best practices, maintenance
• Knowledge of industry standards for picture and sound presentation
• Experience managing the receipt, storage and return of screening assets
• Experience with integration and basic operation of production playback devices (color-correctors, VFX review systems, NLEs) into screening rooms
• Relationships with exhibition technology solutions, equipment, integration and service vendors
• Knowledge of video and audio routing
• A strong grasp of content security practices and challenges as they relate to screening assets.
• Knowledge of A/V distribution formats and consumer technology
• The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical processes
• A passion for sound and the moving image.
You have a deep understanding of professional exhibition and playback technology and best practices that cultivate quality, security, efficiency of content presentation. You care deeply about creating a screening experience that preserves creative intent and maximizes impact. You can work with creatives, fine-tuning the picture and sound reproduction to meet their sometimes exacting expectations. You have the the ability to easily communicate the technical aspects of a screening system, with creatives, executives, and other end users, in a clear, relatable fashion. You have an understanding of Netflix Culture, and have a desire to thrive in this environment.
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, and is fast becoming the leader of content creation, with the production of its own original material: Features, Series, Documentaries, Comedy specials and Unscripted content. Optimizing content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency across all types of projects presents significant challenges, but that's what the Creative Technologies Group does, by setting technical requirements and best practices, driving new industry standards, consulting on the studio's technical infrastructure, providing direct support to Netflix Original Productions and staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology. Creative Technology engineers and technicians are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, archiving, immersive sound, and high-end exhibition. The Creative Technologies Group engages with all aspects of the Motion Picture industry on a daily basis, with the goal of improving existing methodologies and creating new ones in an effort to make Netflix the world's largest and best Streaming Content Provider. Within the Creative Technologies Group, is the Exhibition Technologies team, whose focus is on creating the best viewing experience for both the Post Production workflow, and the end users. We are currently seeking a talented, experienced Exhibition Engineer to help us proliferate these goals throughout our international headquarters, and exhibition events, such as Preview, Press, and Premiere screenings.