EMEA Tax Compliance Analyst
Full Time Job
We're on the hunt for a passionate and talented tax compliance professional who would be part of our international tax team located in Amsterdam, reporting to the EMEA Tax Accounting and Compliance Manager. This person will be assisting with our ever-growing compliance obligations globally for our EMEA entities, including:
Tax compliance: Assist with income tax and withholding tax compliance, including tracking and reporting of taxes, the arrangement of payments to the tax authorities, etc.
Tax registrations: Interacting with third-party consultants on new tax registrations and setting up compliance processes.
Tax accounting: Support the tax provision team in the US with the quarterly calculations for all EMEA entities. Team with the EMEA Finance team for the tax positions in the annual reports.
This role is positioned for growth as our business scales up. Relevant experience in the areas mentioned will be key when applying for the role.
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects and process improvements under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Proactive, hands-on and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple time zones
• Willing to travel to our offices overseas
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant tax compliance experience
• A combination of Big-4 experience and in-house experience is a plus
• Experience working with international tax requirements
• Experience in working with third-party service providers
• Experience in working in a multinational environment
• Undergraduate or advanced degree in Finance, Tax or Fiscal Economics
• Ability to team with cross-functional teams in legal, tax, accounting, content, etc.
• Advanced MS Excel and Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Experience in the entertainment/tech industry is a plus
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud-based ERP systems is a plus
• Fluent in English; other regional languages are helpful
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Our business is growing rapidly and we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities. Read our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.