Editorial Manager - India
Full Time Job
It's not often there's an opportunity to join a company that is changing consumer habits all over the world, and challenging an entire industry at the same time. In addition to the marketing we do around our Netflix original titles we are also investing in editorial strategies that build love, meaning and deepen the emotional relationship of our brand with our fans.
India is a key market for Netflix and this is an exciting time to be part of driving our growth with a group of outstanding colleagues who are responsible for driving our success in India. We have hundreds of original TV shows, films and documentaries from Stranger Things to Sacred Games, from Making a Murderer to Wild Wild Country and more that are produced for all kinds of tastes and all kinds of moods. We are looking for a creative editorial leader to join our team and help us drive editorial strategies to build brand love for Netflix and talk about more titles, to more people in India than ever before.
This approach requires best-in-class editorial strategies and an innovative approach to content ideation and production. This position will be a creative editorial leader who up-levels our approach to editorial in the social (think Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) and digital space (think i.e.podcasts or messenger apps).
Acutely aware of the owned and earned media environment in India ranging from traditional news to Instagram and Facebook, the ideal candidate will be a talented storyteller and have great experience in concepting successful creative and strategic ideas with the digital and social editorial space in mind. Our aim is to create editorial that entertains and connects with our Netflix fans in India and create cultural phenomena around our brand and titles in the owned and earned landscape.
Background and skills
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and shepherding great storytelling in the digital space. To that extent, we are seeking candidates with more than ten years of digital editorial experience working both client and agency side. In addition, we also look at:
- Digital & Social Creative Experience: You'll have proven intuition and experience concepting and executing creative within social channels editorially and know how to create best-in-class content executions, whether photography, video or stills within an editorial context in this space.
- Solid grasp of analytics and social listening tools. We don't let data determine our actions but we do rely on data to inform our judgement and intuition. You don't need to be a spreadsheet pivot table genius to work here but you do need to have a good grasp of analytics in order to ask the right questions to our analytical partners.
- Talent management skills. Aside from understanding how to behave professionally around talent, we value the capacity to earn trust with them and their representatives -- a key part of obtaining buy-in for creative ideas and executions.
• Be the social creative editor in chief on our editorial team, spotting opportunities to entertain our fans and bringing ideas for features and edits to life across multiple platforms and mediums in the paid, owned and earned space.
• Partner with the team to develop editorial creative strategies including commissioning creative concepting, visual treatments and digital productions of different shapes and sizes to express our editorial plans. This could mean managing a complex shoot with agency partners or rolling your sleeves up and writing a script and working with an editor in-house.
• Ensure our creative expresses our editorial vision, tone of voice and and supports our brand strategy and narratives.
• Align with other editors of our local brand channels to plan, own and maintain publishing schedules and editorial issue and feature planning.
• Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Publicity and Partner Marketing teams to compliment high-profile title campaigns, serve as the brand's first line of reputational defense and deepen consumer understanding of key Netflix benefits.
• Stay on top of earned and owned trends, news and other timely events to seize on reactive opportunities.
• Use social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
• Build and manage budgets.
• Actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Managing agency relationships including editorial day-to-day, media relations, features, brand narratives
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and intellectual curiosity. Read the culture memo to learn what it's actually like working for Netflix.