Dubbing Title Manager
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. This is a great opportunity to join our Korean office and drive the best execution on marketing campaigns, on both quality and scale, as we continue to aggressively grow our slate of local and global original, exclusive content.
The Dubbing Title Manager will be the main liaison to local teams, managing titles for their respective territory on the Dubbing team. The ideal candidate is an organized, strategic thinker that thrives in managing a multitude of tasks while safeguarding all title-level requirements. You will be working on Netflix's growing catalog to manage long form project progress, quality control, and the launch of all dubbed assets. Managing end-to-end dubbing includes working closely with internal and external partners to direct and/or influence outcomes even amidst ambiguity. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who can maintain a holistic approach while getting as tactical as necessary to deliver the content. Applicants must work across all components of Dubbing alongside in-territory teams to produce high quality global audio assets in up to 36 languages.
As a Dubbing Title Manager, you will be responsible for how members experience dubbed audio, ensuring Netflix customers across the globe get the highest quality experience from our localized audio assets. As we continue to add support for new languages and expand our global membership, providing best-in-class localized content is critical to our success.
• Develop the strategy on multiple large-scale dubbing projects across a wide range of Dubbing partners and languages.
• Lead the project management on titles originating from their respective territory being dubbed into various languages.
• Consistently develop relationships with our Netflix original content teams to identify the challenges and complexities of localization on titles and address them strategically.
• Capability to work with showrunners/filmmakers on titles to assess the intention of the original version and determine appropriate creative support and guidance for character/cast management, title sensitivities, and consistency across the title's localization strategy.
• Foster and support consistent communication with cross-functional teams, including Content Acquisitions, Language Production, Post-Production, Marketing, Legal, Globalization, Business Affairs, etc., to ensure strategy alignment around the global distribution of Netflix original content.
• Constantly execute creative and operational excellence for Netflix content.
• Work closely with in-territory partners (dubbing vendors and/or language production) to provide creative context about both titles and slates.
• Manage context gathering, complexity signaling, budgets, source material distribution, schedules, and asset deliveries to ensure successful global launches of dubbed assets.
• Cultivate adopting new practices, workflows, and technology as it applies to Dubbing within the company.
• Manage and communicate with external partners to ensure dubbed assets are in a launch-ready state by a designated date.
• Make sound independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues.
• Minimum 5 years of project management experience (creative/operations) or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience in managing dubbing or localization workflows in the entertainment industry.
• Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required.
• Adaptability and resilience to rapidly evolving priorities, technology, tools, and workflows.
• Identify and manage risk through prioritization, troubleshooting, and other means necessary.
• Develop business and cultural awareness of territory nuances related to dubbing, costs, talent, and workflows.
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, supervising several projects in various production points (from development through delivery).
• Contribute to the company's culture of curiosity and self-disciplined pro-active responsibility as part of the Dubbing team.
• A sincere passion for the Dubbing landscape and the future of content creation.
• Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Willing to constantly question existing systems and look for a better way.
• Willing to travel as needed.
• Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent, relevant work experience.
• Fluency in English and Korean is required.