Dubbing Production Supervisor - Spain
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. The Dubbing Production team is responsible for getting those amazing programs to our growing international audience. Centered around dubbing/VO production, a great team environment, and cutting-edge technology, this group is critical to Netflix's ability to provide the best localized experience of our great content. This position will report into Post Production in Hollywood. Together, this team is responsible for the creative aspects of localization production working closely with our Content Creative, Physical Production, and Distribution Operations teams.
The ideal candidate will have a great passion for language, experience with the production of dubs, a deep appreciation of regional cultural differences, and a high level of intellectual curiosity. The role requires you to develop a relationship with our originals content and be able to strategically identify the challenges and complexities localization will face before it even begins. Preserving creative intent will be your mission and developing creative approaches to the challenges at hand will be your passion. As a Regional Production Supervisor your goal will be to represent Netflix's quality, culture and mission in the territory. Making sure our NP3 vendors are compliant with our technical and creative standards is crucial for the local strategies. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
• Analyze content to identify and solve localization challenges in collaboration with the Creative Dubbing Supervisors on select titles.
• Build and leverage strong relationships with dub studios and dubbing directors in Spain (Madrid & Barcelona)
• Support Creative Dubbing Supervisors with in-territory oversight to dub studio casting and enforcement of creative intent.
• Utilize and build strong relationships with voice talent in Spain (Madrid & Barcelona)
• Supervise dubbing sessions as designated
• Assist with M&E/mixing/linguistic QC sessions in-territory
• Accommodate and/or provide risk assessment for any special upstream localization requests
• Provide innovative thinking around scalable solutions and operational workflows for dub asset creation and management, constantly questioning existing systems and looking for a better way
• Effectively communicate project updates cross-functionally
• Make sound independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues
• Be the leading voice of localization production in Spain
• Advocate, understand, communicate, and exemplify the company's values
• Address, resolve and escalate issues and concerns as needed
• Cross collaboration with DOPS and CDS.
• Ongoing monitoring of local Dubbing and Union issues or any event that could impact dubbing operations in territory
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in both english and spanish is required.
• Audio understanding & knowledge is required.
• Prior experience in managing localization workflows in the entertainment industry; background in subtitle and dubbing creation and a passion for languages and translation quality
• Deep understanding of differences, subtleties, and nuances between subtitle and dub translation
• Working knowledge around territorial differences and best practices for dub audio creation
• Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow
• Flexibility to travel frequently to Madrid & Barcelona.
• Attention to detail; organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills
• Creativity and the passion to challenge current industry standards
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 130 million streaming members globally. With this international expansion, the preservation of creative intent in the production of a localized experience is of utmost importance, what a great time to join Netflix!