Dubbing Operations Assistant
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The ideal candidate is organized and thrives managing a multitude of tasks while safeguarding that all requirements are met at a title-level. You will be working on Netflix's growing catalog, including our Original content, and assisting with the progress, QC and launch of all dubbed assets. Coordinating dubbing operations include working closely with internal and external partners. Tasks will include monitoring the set-up of tools and projects to receive and QC dubbed assets while ensuring launch dates are maintained. Effectiveness is your mission and scalability is your passion.
• Assist Dubbing Operations Specialists and Manager in your vertical at a title-level
• Complete initial project set-up in Netflix's suite of tools such as verifying work orders, level of QC and preparing bid drafts
• Execute on Dialogue List, Pivot Dialogue List, and Audio Description orders within a title in conjunction with the Specialist
• Troubleshoot external partners to tools as needed at the title-level
• Update various documents and/or spreadsheets with scheduling, delivery, QC information, bidding information
• Liaise with internal employees on deadlines and missing information as needed
• Monitor QC throughout the life-cycle of a title
• Work with external partners to ensure dubbed assets are in a launch-ready state by a designated date
• Address all Zendesk queries and escalate to the Specialist as needed
• Prepare monthly vertical wins/learnings and help identify quarterly partner, title, workflow, or personnel highlights in support of the Dubbing Newsletters
• Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
• Complete additional administrative tasks as needed
• Passion for languages and dubbing quality
• A mínimum of 2 years of project management experience (creative/operations, respectively)
• Prior working knowledge of dubbing or localization, ProTools, audio nomenclature, quality control metrics
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow
• Must be a team player and self-starter with the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and understand how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Able to organize and update information on a regular basis
• Excellent communication, technically inclined, while able to adapt and learn different tools and software
• Asset tracking and scheduling
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current dubbing workflows
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters and be discrete in maintaining confidential information.
• Preferred Skills: Understanding or experience with audio terminology, MS Office (Excel, PPT, Word), Google Suite, Apple (Keynote, Numbers, Pages)
• Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent, relevant work experience.
• Fluency in English written and spoken required. Being bilingual or multilingual a plus.
The International Dubbing team is responsible for getting those amazing programs to Netflix's growing international audience. Centered around dubbing/voice over production, a great team environment, and cutting-edge technology, this group is critical to providing the best-dubbed experience to our global subscribers. International Dubbing is responsible for supervising all aspects of dubbing production working closely with our Content Creative, Physical Production, and Product Operations teams.