This was removed by the employer on 1/25/2022 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Series jobs in Mumbai-MH
Search all Director, Series postings
Full Time Job
Director, Series (South) - India
We are seeking an experienced Director, Original Series, South (Creative) to help build and execute the original slate strategy for South India productions for the world to watch. This role will carry projects from a creative perspective from pitch/development through to final delivery. Targeted programming will be focused on a broad range of scripted programming from across a range of genres, South Indian languages. Responsibilities will include establishing and growing strong partnerships with creative partners in the market to source and commission great content.
A successful candidate will have a strong sense of narrative structure, a regional sensibility and the ability to guide a project from pitch/idea through to delivery.
They will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities across projects at varying stages from development through to delivery
At all times, an unwavering attention to creative detail. They will have excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to think about the best solution in the best interest of the company as they arise.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker is able to exercise sensitivity, good judgment and initiative while working with a high volume production slate and a diverse range of creative/production partners.
• Development/Pre Production/Setup of Show
• Work closely with Showrunners, Producers, Writers and external creative team to develop projects and assess for long-term viability
• Work with Finance, Legal, Business Affairs, Product, Post & external production teams on establishing key schedules and workflows while maximizing budget to spend as much on-screen as possible
• Develop and foster relationships with a multitude of producing partners/third parties
• 12- 15 years experience with long-form production executive management both in the field and/or on a network/studio level for series/films
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment simultaneously supervising several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly while being an effective communicator
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of the current production process and gear
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
• Fluency in English & South Indian languages required