Director / Senior Counsel, Business Development, India
Full Time Job
With more than 139 million subscribers in over 190 countries and rapidly growing, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix is growing its presence in Asia and, as part of the India team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment throughout Asia.
We are looking for a talented and experienced lawyer to join our Legal team in India and partner with Netflix's Business Development team in an environment where collaboration between legal and business thrives. The successful candidate will be responsible for structuring and negotiating deals with telcos, consumer electronics, and other partners across South Asia, and advising various internal teams on a range of legal issues related to such partnerships.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established and fast-growing entertainment and technology company that is changing the future of entertainment around the world. The Legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with our business partners to innovate and find effective and efficient solutions. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, have a resilient and flexible attitude, be an effective cross-cultural communicator, and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. She or he will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
The successful candidate will have:
• 10 years of relevant experience as a cross-border transactional lawyer in India, either in-house or at a leading law firm
• Strong experience in the Indian telecommunications, internet, technology, or media sectors, and a deep familiarity with the applicable tax and regulatory issues
The successful candidate will also:
• Be fluent in English and at least one other South Asian language
• Be curious and knowledgeable about our markets, industry, and business
• Possess strong commercial awareness and business acumen, and excellent analytical and negotiation skills
• Be comfortable and adept in fast-moving situations of commercial and legal ambiguity, and capable of finding creative and pragmatic solutions
• Be able to learn quickly and willing to tackle new subjects outside her or his areas of expertise
• Be collaborative and non-hierarchical with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to lead and influence colleagues and external partners in an agile, fast-moving, and collaborative environment