Director, Production Safety
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Production Safety (UCAN)
The Director, Production Safety UCAN will continue building a high impact team of health & safety professionals that support Netflix Production throughout the UCAN region across all Production Verticals working within the Physical Production leadership team for the Region.. You will work with our Regional Production Safety Directors and the Centre of Excellence team for Production Safety to help continue to strategically develop and deploy a worldwide approach to Production Safety alongside leading deployment in UCAN , localising for effectiveness; taking into consideration the local safety and production environment.
You will provide thoughtful leadership and will be able to leverage the expertise of a world-class team, the goal is to continue developing and scaling a world-class production safety program that delivers effective and innovative safety solutions to protect the people who create Netflix's industry-leading content.
• Lead and develop a team of production safety professionals that support all Production verticals in UCAN .
• Partner with our HR, Legal, Studio Operations, Corporate and Risk Management teams
• Provide innovative and effective input to develop the Netflix Global approach and tools for Production Safety
• Mindfully implement key elements of the worldwide approach to Production Safety within UCAN .
• Oversee localisation of the global approach to ensure impact and compliance to relevant legislative and industry requirements.
• Oversee the development of unique solutions where needed - aligning with the global safety approach as appropriate.
• Work with Production Partners to establish appropriate levels of Production Safety support for different producing arrangements and risk profiles of productions
• Respond to, and review incidents of note and support a response in a timely manner as needed (dependant upon the nature and potential impact off an incident)
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, employee representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
• Support with the development of the informal worldwide network of the production safety team to share knowledge and learning.
• Strong safety system/program development and deployment experience with a multinational company that has experienced rapid growth.
• Master's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Physical Sciences, related major or equivalent experience.
• Extensive experience managing complex projects across multiple international locations
• Understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt, and special effects techniques, etc. is a plus
• Experience partnering with risk managers, loss control executives and insurance underwriters to resolve loss prevention issues
• Experience of partnering and engaging with risk owners to fully understand safety considerations within an overall decision making process
• Ability to quickly recognize and resolve challenging safety issues that arise during the course of normal production activities
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Chartered IOSH Membership or other related certification a plus