Director Of Technology - Animation
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Director of Technology operation is a key member of the Netflix Animation team and is responsible for aligning the various technology groups contributing to the studio. The Director will be responsible for managing a large variety of technology and operational projects at both the national and local level. Projects will involve analysis, execution, and support of operations and technology solutions. Specifically this business-facing individual will meet with the various stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities and resolve gaps using custom and/or vendor technology solutions.
As the Director of Animation Technology, you will:
• Establish the strategy for the animation technology team and socialize it to the various technology groups
• Align the various technology teams to ensure strategy execution.
• Project management for division initiatives - managing projects from conceptual stage through to launch including budget tracking and reporting
• Formulate animation pipeline priorities for the media management team.
• Technology subject matter expert on projects ranging from digital production infrastructure to animation pipeline. These will include all the technology used to support our operations, through IT and production systems.
• Support for large-scale local projects working with outside vendors/contractors teams, such as systems integrators and architects
• Provide technical and operational expertise and support.
• Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root causes, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
• Help track industry and technology trends, to help the organization understand the risks and opportunities they present
• Work independently, gain vendor trust, and find procedural and technical solutions to problems
• Minimum 10 years technical and operations experience in large scale animation, VFX environment
• Experience in feature animation production and series production a plus.
• Proven leader with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and with indirect and direct resources
• Systems design, installation and testing experience from small scale projects to large scale projects.
• Extensive experience working with non-linear editing solutions and file-based workflows
• Solid understanding of systems and information technology including network (LAN/WAN/SAN), storage, server, desktop, and business systems
• Strong finance skills and working with large scale budgets