Director Of Kids and Family PR
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to join the Netflix PR team as we continue to transform entertainment. Over the past few years, we have launched global hit series; grown from a domestic tech company into a global leader in the entertainment landscape, and moved from a brand that markets price & value to one that talks about the joy of watching your favorite shows. If you are a passionate, creative storyteller who is not afraid of a challenge, keep reading!
There are few brands that offer what we do for parents - something for their kids to love, something for the entire family to watch together and something for the parents as the grown ups they still are. The Director of Kids & Family PR will build and lead a seasoned group of professionals helping formulate, execute, and sustain consumer brand building and industry relations strategies for Netflix Kids & Family business. This role will build stories and campaigns ranging from celebrating how families use Netflix to educating audiences about how Netflix fits into the various life stages of a family; educate families about the product and content offering and support the industry needs across the kids entertainment and consumer products business.
The ideal candidate will be able to think consumer first to build our brand with families and direct a team to support the industry needs.
Criteria for the job:
• A Kids & Family entertainment brand expert with knowledge and experience designing campaigns for multiple earned channels (traditional press, digital/social press, influencers, etc.)
• A strategist with experience successfully working with leaders from multiple disciplines to create fully integrated campaigns.
• Experience working with teams around the world, either by directly leading them or working in deep partnership on campaigns and narratives for multiple markets around the world.
• Experience working closely with internal executives, acting as consultant on narrative development, prepping spokespeople, etc.
• Strong media relations expertise across global business and industry press.
• Experience in talent and partner relations and ability to convince our creative partners on the best communications approach for Netflix.
• Experience working on Family Animation - trades, industry events, messaging, etc.
• Knowledge of publicity tactics across series and film to ensure a high degree of collaborating with multiple internal and external publicity teams.
• Someone who has worked closely on Consumer Product campaigns and understands how to position us in the industry as well as how they can be used in a 360 campaign.
• A strong desire to partner and innovate with the Product team around parental controls, screen time and other innovations around the UI for kids
• Knowledge of working with Global legal rules and regs around K&F marketing and advertising.
• Experience working with third party organizations as part of advocacy campaigns
• Working in a data driven environment, ability to analyze trends through data is a plus.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Ability to think innovatively and connect the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight.
• Succinct communicator.
• Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Doesn't need to ''check with the agency'' on every issue or for every answer. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that. Does not need or desire big budgets for big results. Believes one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 OK people---and wants to be that great person.
• Has a Point of View - An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read the culture memo. If it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join our dream team.