Director, Music Creative Production
Full Time Job
We are looking for a dynamic leader with deep music supervision or in-house studio experience to act as a regional Music Creative/Production lead for our Europe, Middle East, Africa productions. The successful candidate will excel at identifying and implementing cross-functional music production solutions that will support our productions and overall slate growth across EMEA International Film and Local Language Originals. If you are someone with a passion for both the creative development and execution of music for content and who thrives in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment, this role may be for you.
• Functional Expert: The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with the music creative and production processes from greenlight to launch. An expert in budgeting music for different types of productions, and who has deep relationships with composers, music supervisors, agents, managers, labels, publishers and music producers. Someone who understands all aspects of the production lifecycle (pre-records, playback, producing, clearance, scoring, recording) and how music is managed throughout. Someone who has music supervised films and/or series from the set to the final mix stage and collaborated with marketing on soundtrack and music promotional opportunities.
• Strategic leadership: Proactively support and collaborate with Content, Production Management, Post Production and Business/Legal Affairs on implementing music production strategy internally and externally with producers. Balancing the short- and long-term needs of how music gets created and produced for our content. This leader will be adaptable and innovative as we architect workflows for both self- and partner-managed productions in EMEA and contribute to the global music creative/production growth strategy.
Experience & Skills
• Experience: 15 years either as a music supervisor or in-house music executive at a studio. Has in territory experience in music production for live-action features and series.
• Act as a resource to:
*This role will have deep creative relationships with labels, publishers, managers, agents, composers, music supervisors, etc. and have a vast understanding of music supervision or worked in-house at a studio as a music executive.
*This role will be an internal and external resource and be responsible for upleveling the Production and Post Production managers with music production/creative and budget management skills vs. hiring multiple in-house Music managers.
*This role will look for opportunities to scale music creative/production resources (e.g. overall deals with music supervision or clearance companies, music production houses, composers, etc.)
*The role will identify music supervisors in territory who can be a creative resource for the PSCs.
*The role will partner with Strategy & Operations and Grow Creative teams to create education and outreach opportunities in regions where music supervisors are not readily available.
*Partner with Music Business Development and Content on identifying high touch music shows where the songs, artists, score, performances in content help amplify conversation around the title. Act as a resource to leverage relationships with local music talent to support this effort.
*Strong communication and cross-functional skills, with the ability to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments based in countries throughout the region to align from strategy through execution;
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, are very curious and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual preferred with a high proficiency in English
The Netflix culture attracts individuals who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. Our culture is a critical foundation of how we work.