Director, Music Business Affairs, International Originals
This was removed by the employer on 12/3/2019 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Music Business Affairs, International Originals jobs in Mumbai-MH
Search all Director, Music Business Affairs, International Originals postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Music Business Affairs, International Originals? Director, Music Business Affairs, International Originals (India)
include overseeing all music business and legal affairs matters during production from structuring, negotiating and drafting agreements with composers, songwriters, artists and performers, to handling music licensing issues (synchronization and master use). The role will also negotiate and draft music terms in content deals, rights acquisition deals and production agreements with third-party production partners and third party licensors of content.
Given this broad scope of responsibility, the ideal candidate will have expertise in the music market for series or film production in India and other key series/film production hubs throughout Asia; a thorough understanding of the music nuances in producing for local markets vs producing for global distribution; and immersive, hands-on experience in negotiating commercial terms and legal issues and drafting music agreements for series/film production in those markets.
As a Director, Music, Business Affairs, International Originals, your vast music production experience enables you to handle any situation or crisis that may be encountered on a production. You've seen it all and aren't phased by the last minute surprises, on set and off set, that inevitably arise when shooting a series or film. You expertly navigate those situations to arrive at the best solution for the production and the studio. You understand the dynamics among showrunners, executive producers, line producers, producers, finance, production, post production, credits, labor, marketing, publicity, content localization, business affairs and legal affairs and know when and how to engage and align the appropriate teams when a music issue calls. You are comfortable evaluating risk and have the confidence to make quick decisions when faced with the exigencies of production. You think creatively, have impeccable judgment, are comfortable with exploring new transaction models, and flexible in pivoting within a strategy when needed. You may produce locally but you think globally.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
• Fluency in English is required
• 10 years of series/film production music experience, including direct, hands-on experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting composer, performer and featured artist agreements, master use and synchronization license agreements, music producer agreements, record company and music publishing waivers;
• Thorough understanding of the music nuances in producing locally vs producing for global distribution;
• In-depth knowledge of music copyright and the series/film production process - from pre-production, production and post production to music clearance/licensing to composer engagement/recording through to delivery, cue sheets and launch;
• Practical knowledge of the music and technology industries, including active relationships with music agents, lawyers, managers, music publishers and record companies;
• Comfort and flexibility in working with different laws and practices across territories;
• Understanding of the evolving CMO, theatrical, VOD and TV landscapes;
• Experience providing in-house support in a television or film production company is highly preferred; and
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail
• Negotiation and communication style that is adaptable to local markets
• Willingness and enthusiasm to travel internationally
• Clear, concise and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• Highly-collaborative work style, with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change and new ideas
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear and the issues are of first impression
• Ability to prioritize and work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Resourcefulness and ability to pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Curiosity and eagerness to continue learning and to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise
• Tech-savvy, with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.