Director, Marketing Legal
NetflixMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Director, Marketing Legal - LATAM
Netflix is the world's leading internet television network. With more than 190 million subscribers in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate entertainment and/or marketing/advertising lawyer to join our Marketing Legal team. This role is located in our Mexico City office. As part of the Marketing Legal team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment across the region.
Like the rest of the Marketing Legal team, this lawyer will collaborate with internal and external business partners to support the marketing and publicity of Netflix's content and its service throughout Latin America. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include supporting key markets (e.g., Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Chile) on general marketing/publicity legal matters such as the following: drafting and negotiating marketing agreements, including marketing partnerships with 3rd party brands, advising on talent and other rights approvals, advertising creative clearance (i.e. advising on creative concepts, copy and activations), handling contentious and regulatory matters, contests/sweepstakes, and conducting training/workshops to help increase efficiency and legal IQ.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a leading media company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, innovative and collaborative organization, be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative and be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
The successful candidate will have 10 years of relevant experience as a lawyer working in-house at an entertainment/media/production company or advertising agency. Legal experience in Mexico and/or other countries in the region is required. Spanish and English fluency required. Portuguese proficiency is a plus.
Expertise required in marketing/advertising and/or entertainment law. This role will report into the Vice President, Marketing & PR Legal based in Los Angeles, CA.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Ability to work proactively, autonomously and reliably within tight timeframes in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
• Strong analytical capabilities and sound judgment
• Ability to think commercially, practically, independently and be solution-oriented
• Ability to deal and communicate effectively with personnel at all levels across the business
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to multitask, prioritize and meets deadlines
• Strategic interest and outlook
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Flexibility to work across different time zones and ability to travel (e.g. within Latin America and to the U.S.)