This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2021 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Legal jobs in Seoul-KG
Search all Director, Legal postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for an experienced senior counsel to join the Netflix legal team. The candidate will report to the Vice President, Associate General Counsel, based in Los Gatos, CA, and will be responsible for managing core legal functions (e.g., regulatory compliance, litigation, business development, and marketing legal) in our Seoul office. As Legal Director, you will lead and mentor others while providing sound guidance on how to navigate the intersection of Korean law and our business culture. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a leading media company that is revolutionizing entertainment globally.
The successful candidate has 15 years of relevant experience as outside/ in-house counsel or a government official working on issues related to media, entertainment, and technology. The candidate must have excellent communication skills in both English and Korean and be able to represent Netflix Korea with partners and regulators as needed. This is a cross-functional role, so strong collaboration, and interpersonal skills are required.
The ideal candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Expertise in regulatory compliance, litigation, and media/entertainment law in Korea. Though a Korean license is not mandatory, it is highly preferred.
• Strong analytical capabilities and sound judgment
• Strategic outlook and ability to influence, inspire and lead others
• Ability to understand and manage multiple internal and external resources/ stakeholders while dealing with cutting-edge legal issues
• Ability to think commercially, practically, independently, and be solution-oriented in a fast-paced environment
• Enthusiasm for tackling matters outside his/her area of expertise
• Ability to work effectively and collaborate cross-functionally in a non-hierarchical environment
• Flexibility to work across different time zones
• Highest degree of professional ethics, and a strong commitment to the Netflix culture values (see Netflix's culture memo)