Director, Inclusion Strategy - Talent
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/11/2021 9:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Director, Inclusion Strategy - Talent jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Inclusion Strategy - Talent postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Inclusion Strategy - Talent?
Full Time Job
Netflix is building the world's leading internet TV network, offering great films and series that push the boundaries of storytelling and delight members of all ages and tastes across the world. To achieve this we've assembled top-notch creative teams to find those inventive storytellers and high caliber technical teams to create the groundbreaking technology required to stream to our members around the globe.
As we grow our business and teams, we look for people from a wide range of backgrounds to reflect the global nature of our customers. It takes diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to create a truly global internet TV network. While we highly value the importance of diversity in our teams, we also recognize the even greater importance of building an inclusive and equitable environment where all employees feel equally welcomed and their voices valued - without inclusion, diversity cannot thrive.
At Netflix, all employees own this mission, not just one person or team. We believe we have to work from the inside out to create the place where top talent from all over the world want to work - that is how great work happens. This Director will be a direct partner to our leaders in our Talent organization (HR, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organization Development, etc.).
''Diversity is being asked to the party; inclusion is being asked to dance'' - Verna Myers
Key Job Responsibilities
• Embed in and advise teams and coach senior leaders in our Talent organization on the inclusion and diversity needs within the organization and various offices
• Partner with VP of Inclusion Strategy and other Inclusion Strategy leaders in evolving and implementing the Inclusion strategy for the company, and ensure that the Talent organizational needs are in alignment with that strategy
• Partner with Talent Acquisition, HRBPs, Learning & Organization Development, and business leaders to ensure continued and increased diversity, inclusion, and cross-cultural competence of teams within the orgs in Talent
• Work with HRBPs and other leaders on identifying and actioning on the day-to-day inclusion needs within their teams, which may including one-on-one coaching relationships with leaders
• Develop engagement strategy for Talent team individual contributors and leaders so they feel that they are part of the education and efforts being made to embed inclusion and diversity and that their voices and needs are being heard and acted upon.
• Lead a team currently comprised of a Manager of Inclusion Strategy
The ideal candidate:
• Has Inclusion Expertise
- Ability to leverage a strong understanding of equity, power, and identities both academically and in one's reflection of their lived experience
- Understands how to disrupt existing systems and behaviors within an organization or company and is well versed on change management
- Can navigate crisis and conflict across all levels of leadership and on behalf of a company or organization externally
• Can Develop & Implement Strategy
- Ability to anticipate future organizational needs and implications accurately
- Can surface opportunities and generate ideas at an organization and company level that provides sustainable value
- Uses quantitative and qualitative data to set vision for a team and connect vision with action
- Ability to define long term and mid-range goals and understands how to accomplish them
• Drives Partnership and Collaboration
- Draws energy and support from a wide variety of distinct stakeholders to get things done, create leverage, and mobilize internal advocates
- Ability to communicate cross functionally amongst leaders and organizations, and surface opportunities for connecting inclusion efforts
- Drive accountability and investment at the organizational level
- Track, record and build on past progress
• Coaches, Advises, and Influences
- Can advise and influence senior leaders/executives on diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives, and how to demonstrate inclusive leadership and manage diverse teams
- Can coach through asking versus answering questions
- Can identify skills, knowledge, and the attitude gaps that may be holding someone back from being an inclusive leader
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to turn around time-sensitive, high-visibility comms on sensitive topics related to race, gender, class, sexuality, and ability status
• Strong Ability to Lead Self and Lead Others
- Leads by example, demonstrating inclusive leadership skills in action on day-to-day management
- Can build inclusive teams, and develop talent
- Fosters opportunities for collaboration within own direct reports and across other pods within the Inclusion Strategy team