Director, Creative Talent Development - LATAM
NetflixMexico City, MX
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2021 10:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Director, Creative Talent Development - LATAM jobs in Mexico City-MX
Search all Director, Creative Talent Development - LATAM postings
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
At Grow Creative, our mission is to meet the headwinds of capacity, skills and inclusion gaps that challenge our global content strategy by using world class training, education and pipelining of a new generation of storytellers and crew that mirror the inclusiveness and diversity of our global audience.
As we look to develop pipelines of above and below-the-line jobs from educational institutions and training programs to our productions, there's a need for someone to be the regional lead for LATAM. This individual will develop the strategy and manage all other Grow Creative Execs in the region for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a sustainable infrastructure that will ultimately support a viable pipeline of talent to the pan regional media industry. The role will aid in filling local talent gaps, upskilling the local workforce, increasing inclusion and diversity, building an understanding of Netflix needs in local markets and will be based in our Mexico City office.
The successful candidate will have a solid experience of regional AV Industry experience with a deep familiarity of the local creative and production landscape. A background developing industry relationships and working with local organizations is required. Experience building educational programs, managing events, and working with government agencies across the region is preferred.
• Help define and execute a pan regional strategy for LATAM in concert with the Grow Creative regional task force groups.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of apprenticeship and educational initiatives.
• Align with all cross-functional teams to effectively contribute to growing in-region talent, increasing the pool of above and below-the-line roles through a diversity lens, and aiding in incentives through on-the-job training and educational programs.
• Develop an outreach strategy along with internal stakeholders to build our connection to local communities.
• Identify, establish and manage partnerships with local learning institutions and not-for-profit entities to align programs with Netflix and industry needs
• Help facilitate business-to-business events and educational sessions in region
• Travel regionally to support local Grow Creative goals.
• Establish and maintain the infrastructure to support pipelines.
• Maintain the day-to-day correspondence and coordination with regional partners.
• Track Talent: Identify and track participants from programs for potential Netflix content development and production so that we can pull talent into our productions and continue to develop them on our shows.
• Document and measure the success of initiatives.
• Manage local Grow Creative budget.
• Knowledge of the regional creative ecosystem and producing landscape ( 10 years experience). Including creators, producers, film schools, festivals and other potential partner-run training programs, government departments and other local organizations.
• Working knowledge of American television development process.
• Knowledge of apprenticeship programs but experience not required.
• Excellent industry relationships;
• Language ability in English, Spanish and/ or Portuguese.