Director, Business & Legal Affairs - LATAM
NetflixMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 167 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. With the opening of our Spanish speaking Latin American HeadQuarters in Mexico City, and with highly successful Latin American shows such as ''Casa de las Flores,'' ''Historias de Un Crimen: Colosio'' and ''Club de Cuervos,'' Netflix continues to expand its presence in Latin America and seeks an experienced attorney to join Netflix's expansion and presence in Latin America.
Based in Mexico City, the role is to support the Business & Legal Affairs international team and will be focused on the growing slate of Netflix original productions in Spanish speaking Latin America. The candidate will assist in scaling our Spanish language content operations, working alongside creative and production partners to negotiate, structure, and draft content production and distribution agreements, and harmonize Netflix objectives within production frameworks in Latin America. In doing so, the candidate will be responsible for understanding the business and legal landscape and successfully executing on Netflix's strategy as necessary to develop and produce local content for Netflix's global streaming service.
In particular, the candidate will be involved in negotiating different production deals for programming either with third-party local partners or directly with talent and representatives, as well as overseeing complex business and legal affairs matters during development and production. The ideal candidate will have direct experience with deal-making and production legal issues in the Latin American film & TV marketplace. The role requires a deep knowledge of the business and legal intricacies of the media sector in that region, a facility in creative thinking, good judgment, the ability to collaborate strongly within a team, and the flexibility to quickly pivot within a strategy.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of broad-based tfelevision and motion picture entertainment experience in Latin America with the business and legal aspects of production and distribution. Fluency in English and native Spanish are essential requirements for this role.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a small group, tackle all challenges and take initiative
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for Netflix's Latin American strategy
• Admission to practice law in any country of the Americas (including the United States) or Spain is preferred but not required