Direct Tax Analyst, Brazil
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service, with more than 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries across the globe. Members can watch as much groundbreaking content as they want -- anytime, anywhere -- on any internet-connected device, all without commercial interruptions or contractual commitments!
As Netflix expands globally, we look for the best and brightest talent to play a key role in our growth. That's where you come in!
We are seeking an experienced Tax Analyst to provide direct tax support in our Alphaville office. You will report to the Tax Manager, Brazil in Alphaville and will assist on all aspects of direct tax compliance for Brazilian and US purposes and account reconciliations related to our Brazilian activities.
You are a curious, self-starter who can collaborate effectively with cross-functional business partners with varying backgrounds and levels of experience with Tax. You have significant direct tax technical and analytical skills, are a strong communicator, and prioritize attention to detail. You have a hands-on mentality, and are eager to roll up your sleeves and make an immediate impact. You are also excited to join a high-performance culture built around freedom and responsibility.
You will work closely with both our local and US-based Tax and Financial Reporting teams, and cross functional partners in Treasury, Accounting, Finance and Payments.
Your primary responsibilities will be assisting with day-to-day direct tax issues and filings, such as:
• Calculating direct Taxes (IRPJ and CSLL).
• Prepare transfer pricing documentations for the group and for local purposes to ensure that the compliance of transfer pricing regulations.
• Generating/filing / or review direct tax obligations (ECF);
• Liaise with U.S. corporate tax team on tax matters and submit required U.S. GAAP tax provision and compliance packages, as FAS109, FIN48, Discrete Items, etc.;
• Assisting with month-end close; preparing reconciliations of direct tax accounts
• Providing support during tax audits.
• Applying relevant tax treatment to import/ export transactions; reviewing WHT and tax calculations with brokers.
• Identify and implement tax digitization and automation tax processes.
• Ensure Tax Requirement Documents are prepared timely, accurately.
• Analyzing and documenting direct tax issues as required by the Tax Manager.
• Embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting (active CRC certification a plus).
• 5 years of relevant experience in direct taxes; knowledge of importation / exportation routines and transfer pricing a plus.
• You are fluent in Portuguese and English.
• Strong communications skills, and ability to nurture positive relationships and rapport with other teams/departments. Ability to understand and communicate the brazilian tax complexities to International Tax Managers in LATAM.
• SoftSkills: Act as owner mindset, autonomy and easy going.
• Highly proficient in spreadsheets, ERP and tax systems; experience with and Google applications preferable; Workday and Blackline is a plus.
• Proven ability to work proactively, independently and accurately to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Never satisfied with the status quo; always thinking of how to improve existing processes; open to new or challenging ideas presented by others