NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
About the job
Netflix is building in-house Post Production Facilities and Services in order to support the ever-growing volume of Original Content we are producing. The Studio is focused on delivering the very best levels of service and creative experience to our filmmakers and creative executives. Our Post Production Facilities and Operations team is charged with the Operational Management of these services and spaces, and will be recruiting a team of talented and dedicated individuals to ensure success.
We are building Animation Studios in Burbank and Hollywood for our Original and Adult Animation production, and we are providing in-house facilities for Dialogue Recording, Dialogue Editing, Music Editing, and talent facing client concierge services. We are looking for an experienced Animation Dialogue Editor, to join a team of highly skilled creatives and technicians to collaborate closely with our in house Productions, ensuring an unparalleled creative experience for our filmmakers.
A successful candidate must be positive and flexible, with a comprehensive knowledge of Sound Post Production operations and service, with particular knowledge and proven skills within Animation, and specifically dialogue recording and editing. You will possess in depth knowledge of the workflows, pipelines and delivery requirements, both prevalent today and next generation. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of engaging with content creators.
Specific Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
• Edit takes from the Original Recording Session following the ''Selects Scripts'' and Director's input
• Clean any distorted or technically compromised audio using Izotope RX or other software. Remove artifacts such as breaths, pops, clicks, and background noise. Insert fades and crossfades
• Notify Recording Engineer and appropriate Production Staff of any lines lacking clarity or containing potential quality issues
• Edit pieces from multiple takes, sometimes one syllable at a time, to cobble the desired Select
• Assemble Radio Plays using the final audio Selects while following the stage direction in the script
• Cut in relevant sound effects and music
• Apply timing and pitch correction when needed
• Review episodes with creative supervisors once all dialogue is recorded and finalized, then distribute to appropriate staff and post team
• Export and label audio edits meeting Netflix delivery standards
• Make and maintain a library of alternate takes, walla, and additional lines for future use
• Edit dialogue recorded for pickups and/or ADR
• Cut in ADR, ensure proper sync, and clean dialogue in preparation for mix
• Ensure deadlines are consistently met and communicate progress of work to supervisors and to appropriate production staff
• 5 years of experience editing dialogue for Animation (Series and/or Feature Films)
• Advanced knowledge in Avid Pro Tools HD, audio plugins and restoration software (Waves, Izotope RX Advanced, Melodyne, etc).
• Comfortable with removing artifacts such as breaths, pops, clicks, and background noise
• Musical background a plus
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality, positive orientation and outlook
• Ability to handle a heavy volume of work and perform well under pressure
• Ability to lead a large number of tasks concurrently
• Ability to prioritize optimally
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced, team-oriented setting
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace