Design Manager, Public Policy
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Are you a creative problem solver? Experienced working in a global role and creating impactful content and creative campaigns for policy audiences? Netflix is looking for someone with these skills to join its Public Policy team as a Design Manager within the Strategic Engagement and Analytics group.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
The Netflix Public Policy team is a highly talented and experienced group of public policy experts who work in close partnership with their business counterparts to advance the strategic goals of the company. Within Public Policy, the Strategic Engagement and Analytics (SEAL) team provides strategic insight, data, research, assets, and tailored policy campaigns to support our public policy efforts on a global basis.
The SEAL team is seeking an experienced, driven, and creative Design Manager with deeply integrated creative production and policy backgrounds and skills. This opportunity combines collaborating on creative strategy, project management, and large-scale policy campaigns and a fully autonomous working environment. The role will report into the Global Creative Engagement Manager.
We are looking for someone who is able to translate data and research into engaging visual content, assets, and campaigns that bring Netflix's messages to life for policy audiences. The ideal candidate will be an expert in finding creative solutions to support local teams around the world with pressing policy challenges as well as long-term, pro-active campaigns. Projects will vary significantly, e.g.: briefing agencies to design and localize reports and infographics; designing ad-hoc 2 page assets; or leading on the development of creative concepts for global multi-channel campaigns with agencies.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and traits:
• Previous experience in a global creative role within a policy team, ideally within the Entertainment/ Media/ Tech industries
• Able to wear many hats, including that of project manager, creative producer and strategist
• Comfortable working across multiple time zones and markets
• Quick understanding of local nuances and ability to translate them to creative concepts that help move the needle
• Able to overseesourcing, screening, onboarding and managing new freelance/vendor/agencies to build scale
• Deep creative direction/ production experience (studio, agency, freelance, or in-house)
• Experienced with Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
• Highly collaborative and able to maintain creative excellence in a fast-paced, ever changing landscape
• Excellent communication skills and presents ideas thoughtfully and articulately, whether to a policy team member or cross functional colleagues
• A creative self-starter and problem solver who can spearhead, lead, and manage a creative project from completion to end. You are always a few steps ahead.
• Endlessly, creatively curious and are constantly asking the right questions. You know quickly what you don't know and seek to understand.
• Embodies Netflix's culture of Freedom and Responsibility and is comfortable with ambiguity
• Able to make quick, well-informed decisions and have an entrepreneurial approach
• Easily adapts to different working styles and willing to invite, receive and provide constructive feedback
• Passion for content, art, new media and/or entertainment
• Willingness to travel
• Strong global network of freelance creative talent and agencies is a plus
• Experience in video production is a plus
• Proficiency in a language other than English is a plus