Design Manager, Product Creative Studio
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue transforming entertainment globally. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
The Product Creative Studio Creative team is an award-winning group of Editors, Designers, Sound Designers and Motion Graphics artists who are responsible for creating artwork that helps our Netflix members find the shows and films that they love. From shows like the Final Season of Ozark, to introducing our members to the world of The Queen's Gambit, this team's focus is creative excellence.
We are looking for a driven, innovative and experienced Design Manager to lead our stellar team of Designers.
Product Creative Studio Creative's Team Charter:
We use art sound and music to connect members to stories they will love. We balance Creative Insights, Intuition and Operational Excellence to right-size our efforts for the biggest impact.
As a Design Manager, you will lead the team responsible for the delivery of all visual artwork for the member experience. This includes static design (key art, product art, etc.) but could include typography and any other visual promotional material. This content will be seen by our 220 members in 190 countries. You will provide guidance, direction and a creative vision to ensure we are telling the stories of our breadth of choices in the most authentic and compelling way. You will find ways to make Netflix Films and Series sing as well as improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of the team. You will be looked upon to provide milestones, thoughtful prioritization and overall creative influence and inspiration.
You will build strong relationships with our key business partners including Product Creative Studio Strategists, Marketing, Content Acquisition, Product Management and Product Design. Your guidance and leadership will set expectations cross-functionally on creative execution to ensure all stakeholders are informed on production timelines and/or delays. You will communicate often. You will be innovative. You will be challenged. If you're up for it, we want you.
• A big idea thinker | Divergent thinking that leads to the creation of unique creative explorations across the Netflix Product.
• An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You'll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
• Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it's a mentality that makes the team successful.
• Lead the development of the internal team and contract/freelance pool; Onboard and provide best practices and training for contract talent.
• Provide guidance and direction to allow the team to make decisions based on context, culture and collaboration.
• Inspire the team to achieve their potential and seek constant growth and development through providing a clear vision and goals while providing actionable feedback.
• Be responsible for all team success and failures.
• Establish quality, priority, workflow and timelines for an entertainment-based promotional team.
• Work closely with cross-functional partners including Content Acquisition, Marketing, Producers, Product Design and Engineering while maintaining service level agreements.
• Provide insight and improvements to tools and workflows to increase team effectiveness and efficiency.
• Excellent management skills (5 years). Experience leading senior-level creative design teams with a strong vision and empowering individuals to achieve their best work.
• Long tenure of high volume, high quality design experience within a digital, creative environment (preferably in the entertainment space)
• A former maker with a strong design process and experience working toward solutions
• Empathy for the Netflix members, and empathy for individuals on the creative team.
• Experience using a Digital Asset Management system to gather, track and deliver assets
• Expert in all aspects of developing user-centric creative in a digital space driven by data
• A positive, entrepreneurial spirit, skilled at rapid prioritization and bringing clarity to complex situations, delivering under tight timelines and adapting quickly to change
• Excellent writing, strategic development, and presentation skills.