Design Manager, Consumer Products
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are pursuing consumer products and associated promotion because we believe it will drive meaningful show awareness/buzz with more tangible, curated ways to interact with our most popular content and in effect, drive long term revenue. We want licensed merchandise to help promote our titles and build them into franchises so they become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time.
That's where you come in. We're seeking someone to lead the creative development of product related assets (e.g. style guides, asset packs, packaging). This will be someone who has strong creative sensibilities and understands how core design assets translate into various product categories.
What you will do:
• Develop creative briefs to guide external agencies and freelancers in creative exploration
• Oversee style guide and asset development for all product categories and demographics
• Create reference packets, defined color palettes and brand vision for each product category
• Define product design brand guidelines and strategy for licensed partners
• Apply trending towards new design and business development
What we need from you:
• 8 years of creating graphic assets for product development, preferably with entertainment or licensed brands
• Time and project management skills essential
• Creative experience interpreting content from a range of content for a diverse demographic targets ideal
• Understanding of Retail Signage, packaging and product development style guides necessary
• Ability with Adobe Creative Suite preferred