Data Administrator, Production Strategy & Resource Planning
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Netflix Production Strategy & Resource Planning team seeks a Data Administrator to support production supply chain assessment and provide supplier deal dashboards and metrics across the global production ecosystem. The team's mission is to empower Netflix to achieve its operational goals and creative pursuits through resource assurance and optimization. This role will help Netflix understand the overall film and television production landscape and how to ensure our titles have access to the products and services required to produce the best content possible.
A successful candidate will be analytical, self-motivated, proactive, quick thinking, and flexible while juggling multiple priorities. This role requires strong written and verbal communication along with clear organizational skills. The ability to be discreet and handle confidential information is a must.
• Analyzing global production cost data and synthesizing findings into insightful dashboards, memos & presentations
• Tracking how productions utilize and spend money with external production partners
• Developing frameworks and methodologies to compare vendor pricing and quality via the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
• Researching the global below-the-line production landscape and sourcing information about potential production partners and trends in the industry
• Reconciling internal production spend data with data from production partners and other external sources
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams like Data Science and Engineering, Production Finance, Studio FP&A, and external partners
• 2 - 4 years of experience in an analytical role like strategy & operations, management consulting, production finance, or investment banking, ideally in a media environment
• Proficient in using spreadsheet tools like Excel/Google Sheets and presentation development with Powerpoint/Google Slides
• Experience working with large data sets and sourcing data using SQL
• Strong problem-solver and willingness to adapt when facing potential roadblocks
• Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work with minimal oversight and process
• Effective communicator and able to collaborate and maintain relationships with partners on both business and technical teams
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably business, economics, or mathematics.